Chapter 50

"I want to have sex."

Naruto should have known this would happen.

After dealing with the numerous attacks from the Chaos Brigade in the Underworld, the Gremory Peerage, Irina, and Ophis, had remained at the Gremory Estate in preparation to take the Promotion Tests. Rias had clamped down on Issei and the others studying, lecturing them on everything they could possibly need to know about the tests.

Once a Low-class Devil earned the right to rise through the ranks, they must be tested to see if they are truly qualified for the position. The Middle-class Promotion Test had three parts that were modeled after tests found in the human world. This was done because the majority of Devils who took the promotion tests were reincarnated Devils. The first part was a written report that addressed the themes of greed how it applies to a Devil's job. The second part was a written test involving the history and government of the Underworld. Finally, the third was a practical exam where an individual would face off against another participant from the test in a one-on-one fight.

Naruto had skipped this and become a Middle-class Devil due to the incredible prowess he had already displayed, which meant he would become a High-class Devil.

"Did you hear me?" asked Ophis. "I said I want—"

"I heard you." Naruto placed a hand on Ophis's head and began rubbing her soft hair, which slipped through his fingers like silk strings. Ophis stilled when he did this. Her body relaxed, an almost unconscious gesture, allowing Naruto to continue speaking. "And we are going to. I promise you. But we can't do it right now."

Ophis did not look at all pleased about him putting this matter off. She craned her neck to stare at him, and while her facial expression didn't change much, an ominous aura was emitting from her. It was like miasma wafting from her body. He could practically see her gloomy disposition like clouds of black smoke.

"Then when can we?" she asked.

"How about..." Naruto thought for a moment. "Later this evening?"

"Fine. But we will be having sex today."

"I promise."

Naruto really had to wonder about Ophis's obsession with sex, but he knew that she had been peeking on him and Rias occasionally when they got down and dirty. He was pretty sure she'd also watched him have sex with Ravel and Koneko. Judging from how often she saw it, and how happy Rias and the others were after they had sex, he supposed she was just curious to know what was so great about it.

"Not to be rude... but as interesting as this conversation is, I really would like to continue teaching you," Venelana Gremory said, arms crossed. "This is taking up a good deal of my time, and while it might seem like I don't do a lot, I am actually fairly busy."

"I'm sorry." Naruto rubbed the back of his head. "Please continue."

"Very well then."

Naruto was learning about what was expected of a High-class Devil from Rias's mother. Venelana had taken it upon herself to begin teaching him.

Rias probably would have been the one teaching him these things, but she was currently busy helping Akeno, Asia, Issei, Kiba, Gasper, Xenovia, and Rossweisse prepare for their promotion tests. She didn't have time to teach him. That was why her mom had taken it upon herself to teach him everything he needed to know.

The room they were using looked like a standard study. Well, he called it that, but it was actually a really large room with numerous couches, a crackling fireplace, bookshelves lining the walls, and a table for tea. It looked like something he'd expect to see in the mansion of a noble, so it didn't look out of place. The one who felt out of place in this posh room was Naruto himself.