Chapter 64

Yami stood in the center of a massive chamber deep within the heart of Agreas. The room was covered in glistening symbols that were so arcane he couldn't even begin to read them. He didn't need to read them, however, to know what they did. This was the spell that contained Trihexa.

Sealed within what almost seemed like a crystal coffin was the Beast of the Apocolypse, a creature that not even God himself could defeat. From what Yami understood, the god of the Christian Bible had fought against this creature and, unable to beat it, sealed it away with hundreds of thousands of forbidden seals that continued to shine brightly even after his death during the Great War. It was a testament to the strength of the man who had ruled the Heavens.

It was, in fact, the act of sealing away Trihexa that led God to losing his life in the war between the three factions. If he had not spent so much of his power sealing the beast away, he would have possessed more than enough strength to contend with the likes of the Satans and Fallen Angel generals.

"How much longer will it take to break the seal?" he asked someone standing beside him.

"Not much longer," Rizevim said. "We suspect it will take maybe another few days at most."

Yami frowned. "Didn't you tell me it wouldn't take that long before? Why the change of heart?"

"I had not realized how powerful the forbidden seals keeping Trihexa sealed were." Rizevim shook his head and grinned in that lazy manner Yami knew so well. "It's only now, as I stand here and look at all these spells myself, that I realize how powerful God was. Had he been at full strength during the Great War, the Devils would have lost. I'm not even sure Sirzechs and Ajuka could have stood up to him."

Yami sensed begrudging respect in Rizevim's voice. This man hated Ajuka and Sirzechs as much as he respected them, which caused him to acknowledge both people while still trying to sound degrading. His voice was the kind that Yami would expect from someone who had been forced to eat shit.

"The Three Factions Alliance won't stand still now that Agreas has appeared," Yami continued.

Rizevim shrugged. "It's not like we could have kept it concealed. We need every mage we have working on deciphering these spells to break them down."

"I did not say it was a bad thing." Yami had yet to look away from Trihexa's hideous visage. There was something primal about this beast that appealed to him. "So long as we can undo the seal keeping Trihexa locked away, everything else will fall into place."

"I see you are really going through with this."

Another voice spoke up, one far different from Rizevim's. This voice was cold and mocking, as if to declare that everyone here was beneath the one it belonged to.

Yami and Rizevim turned around and looked at the god who had entered the room without either of them noticing—one who looked like nothing more than a skeleton decked out in priestly robes.

"Hades," Yami greeted with a nod. "I see you have agreed to work with us."

"Do not misunderstand my intentions. I have no desire to work with an interloper like you, but the situation we find ourselves in simply makes working with you convenient."

"A common enemy does indeed make our alliance convenient. Can I count on you when the time comes?"

"So long as our circumstances don't change," Hades said with a shrug.

"Then that is fine. Once we have crushed Naruto, the underworld, and everyone else who opposes us under foot, you and I will probably become enemies. Though I won't fight you so long as you don't get in my way."