Humanity's Darkness

Le Fay Pendragon didn't really care about the Khoas Brigade or its cause. If asked, she would gladly tell everyone that the only reason she even joined this group was because of her brother, Arthur Pendragon, who had been swayed to join with the promise of getting to battle against powerful holy sword users. Knowing of her brother's insatiable desire for combat against other swordsmen, and his somewhat snobbish personality, she had followed him in order to keep him out of trouble, which was a lot harder than it looked.

Especially when all they had her doing at the moment was standing guard.

Standing beside her was Bikou, the descendant of Sun Wukong, and another silent figure, one that towered over them both. Its form composed of stone, it stood, a silent sentinel that appeared to be made from thousands of boulders both large and small. The very crude-looking golem was her latest magical creation. Its unstable body rattled every so often, and Le Fay knew it wouldn't do much in a prolonged fight, but since they were just guarding a single prisoner, it was okay.

Besides, they needed all the help they could get. None of the other factions wanted the job, it seemed, as all had refused when asked. Thus, the task of guarding the one known as Uzumaki Naruto was up to them.

Bikou stretched his arms above his head.

"Man, this is so boring. I thought this Naruto guy would have at least made some noise by now."

"Why would he do that, Bikou-sama?" Le Fay asked curiously. She hadn't heard much about this Naruto person, other than that he was an annoying fly who had a bad habit of running his mouth off, according to her brother.

"Because he's an interesting guy who loves causing trouble," Bikou answered, grinning. Le Fay assumed he was remembering something their captive had done. "He's a lot like me-except neither as dashing nor as skilled as I am-and is always getting up to no good. Thinking on it, he actually reminds me of a sly old fox."

Le Fay had yet to actually meet Naruto. No one was allowed into or out of the chamber they were guarding-or so her brother had ordered. There was even a slot drilled into the door for when they had to feed him.

She was actually kind of surprised Bikou had even heeded Arthur's orders. He was never one to listen to Arthur, which was actually a cause for contention among them.

"Oh... I wonder if that's why my Arthur-nii-sama dislikes him so much."

"Most definitely," Bikou agreed, "Your brother's a real stick in the mud-no offense-so it's only natural that someone who knows how to have fun would get on his nerves."

"That's not a very nice thing to say about my nii-sama..."

"But it's true, isn't it? Heck, I'm surprised that even you can get along with your brother. You've got such a vibrant and outgoing personality that it's hard to imagine you two are even related."

"You think so?"

Le Fay had never really thought about it before. Her brother was her brother and she loved him very much. She wouldn't have followed him to join the Khaos Brigade, abandoning her position at the Magician's Association known as Golden Dawn, if she didn't.

"I know so."

"What'cha guys talking about?"

Le Fay turned to answer the voice that spoke up in her left ear. "We're just talking about my brother and how he doesn't... doesn't... eh?"

The descendant of Morgan Le Fay stared at the young man she'd never met before. Eyes as blue as the azure sky were set on the boyish face of a teen nearing full-maturity. Six whiskers on either cheek marred sunkissed skin. They were actually kind of cute. His dark black pants with orange trim ruffled as he moved. A dark orange shirt adorning his frame hid broad shoulders and a chiseled chest. He was also tall, not as tall as Bikou, but at least a head and shoulders taller than her. He was eating a bowl of ramen.