Chapter 51

"Do I really need to wear this?"

"Of course you do. You are about to be promoted to High-Class Devil. There are going to be hundred of thousands of devils present during this ceremony, and you need to look the part."

"But there's no orange..."

"That's what you're complaining about?!"

Naruto was standing in front of a mirror as Rias helped him get dressed in a tailor made outfit. He was already wearing black pants, which stretched across his legs and showed off his strong thighs and calves. They were uncomfortably tight but at least breathable. He was also wearing a set of boots. At present, Rias was sliding his arms through a long-sleeved shirt. It was white, unlike the pants. Then a white vest went over the shirt.

It shouldn't have been this hard to get dressed, but the freaking vest had numerous metal chains dangling from it. They went across his chest and were connected to golden pins on either side. The manner in which Rias affixed them to his outfit was complicated. However, once she was done, she placed epaulettes on his shoulders. They were black and gold, and a long white cape with a black Uzumaki swirl was attached to them, traveling all the way down to his feet.

Rias stepped back once her work was done and smiled.

"You look very handsome."

"I look like a fruit cake."

"You look like a prince."

"A fruity prince."

Giving her boyfriend an aggrieved look, Rias placed her hands on her hips and stared him down.

"Are you really going to act like a petulant child now of all times?"

"I won't be able to act like this during the ceremony. Why not do it now? Get it out of my system."

"You're impossible."

"But that's why you love me, right?"

"Ugh... yeah, I guess, though sometimes I just want to smack you."

"You can smack me in bed, if you want."

"That sounds like a good idea. I might take you up on that."

As Rias and Naruto were bantering, the door opened and in walked Vanelana and Zeoticus Gremory. Behind Rias's mother and father was the rest of the Gremory Peerage, the people who fought in the Rating Game with Naruto, Azazel, and Metatron. There were a lot of people, and all of them were clammering on about how Naruto looked.

"Damn, dude! You look snazzy. I'm so jealous. I wish I could be promoted to High-class Devil," Issei said.

"Ufufu, aren't you looking handsome. I bet Rias is happy to see you look so princely." Akeno raised a hand to her mouth and laughed.

"Hmph." Raynare crossed her arms and turned her head. "I guess even you can dress up nice once in awhile."

"I'm digging that outfit," Kiba admitted.

"Wanna wear it instead of me?" Naruto asked.

"No, thanks."

Koneko and Ravel wandered up to Naruto and gazed at him. While the nekousho merely looked like she was studying strange art at a museum, Ravel was blushing down to the roots of her hair.

"Y-you look really handsome—not that you aren't normally handsome, but... how do I say this... you look like a prince..."

"I'm glad you think so," Rias said, giving Naruto a smug look. "I was just saying the same thing."