Chapter 60

The meeting hall became dead silent after Indra's proclamation. Tension filled the air, thick and cloying, especially on the side with Azazel, Michael, and Sirzechs. The Three Faction Alliance leaders looked like they had swallowed something particularly foul.

"Is this true?" Brahma asked into the silence.

Left with little choice, Sirzechs had no option but to speak the truth. "It is. Naruto Uzumaki is not a resident of this world. He came here through a tear between worlds. I found him on the verge of death and helped him get back on his feet. It seemed he'd been in a battle, though I never discovered the details until recently. The details don't matter. What does matter is that after Naruto arrived in this world, he began using one of his abilities called Sage Mode. It is similar to Senjutsu."

"Oh?" Indra raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "If I'm not mistaken, Senjutsu is an ability that yokai use to control the flow of life energy within living beings. It's a very powerful ability, though it lacks the sheer destructive potential of other powers."

Sirzechs shook his head. "That may be true when it comes to the manner in which yokai use Senjutsu, but the manner in which Naruto uses it is incredibly destructive."

"If I am not mistaken, when someone uses Senjutsu, they also take in the malice and ill will that flows throughout the world," Brahma stated.

It was Azazel, rather than Sirzechs, who took matters from here. As an inventor and someone who performed numerous research experiments with Ajuka, he knew more about Naruto and Senjutsu than Sirzechs did.

"We believe that is how Yami was created. When Naruto used Sage Mode, the dark part of himself that was Yami was born from the malice flowing throughout the world. Naruto confirmed this when he mentioned confronting his darkness in his previous world. We don't know how Yami came to join the Chaos Brigade, but he already had more than half of Naruto's power by the time we found out about him."

Everyone had always wondered how Yami came to hold such a prominent place within the Chaos Brigade. Even Ophis had not known about him, which meant the many factions within the Chaos Brigade had never been loyal to her. That did not surprise Sirzechs. Ophis was not what he would call a leader, but what did surprise him was how Yami was able to remain hidden for so long without anyone realizing it.

"So that's how it is," Shiva said with a soft whisper. "When I met Naruto Uzumaki earlier today, I had wondered how someone could be so pure yet so in tune with nature. So this is why."

"While it is true that Yami is a part of Naruto that was split off, it does not change the fact that we have to do something about Yami and the Chaos Brigade," Sirzechs continued, trying to get the meeting back on track.

But Indra gave him a vicious smile. "What are you talking about? Isn't it obvious that the best way to deal with Yami would be to kill Naruto? I'm certain that since Yami is just an extension of Naruto himself, we can take care of this pest by killing the original."

Sirzechs felt his neck strain as this man spoke of killing his future brother-in-law so easily, as if he were telling them what he wanted for dinner. He clenched his hands into fists. It was a good thing they were hidden under the table, or someone might have seen how angry he was.

He didn't know if Indra was trying to rile him up or being serious. It didn't matter either way. He would not let anyone touch Naruto with the intention of causing harm.

And yet before he could open his mouth, Michael beat him to the punch.

"You do not know that. It is quite possible that killing Naruto would only result in all of his power going to Yami. Naruto Uzumaki is an incredibly strong individual. Even with more than half his power missing, he was able to fight the Greek Gods to a standstill for over an hour. Can you imagine how powerful Yami would be if the rest of Naruto's power went to him? There'd be no stopping his ambitions if that were to happen."