27 - Cave of Greed

We settled our decision. Enju, Fangs and I headed out and went to the Cave of Greed. We rode there using horses. Fangs rode with me while Enju rides on her own. It took us three hours to get to such far location.

You: This is it. The Cave of Greed.

Enju: It almost looks like it's hasn't been inhabited for a decade.

You: Not to mention all these rotting skeletons around it.

I found a skeleton with a revolver on its holster. I picked it up and inspected it.

It has a long barrel and has an ivory colored handle

It has a long barrel and has an ivory colored handle. It looked like it is made by an expert blacksmith. I opened the chamber to see that it's still full. I looted the skeleton's body and found twelve rounds of magnum ammunition for the revolver.

Enju: Why are taking those?

You: Maybe it will have some uses. You'll never know when you'll need it.

Enju: Do you even know how to use those things?

You: Of course I do. I trained with it.

We walked towards the altar. The altar starts glowing yellow. Maybe it symbolizes gold, that's why.

You: Okay. It's time to use the gold Clint lent us.

We placed the sack of gold, but nothing happened. I just added another sack of riches that came from the chest in my room, but it remains the same.

You: What the hell?

Enju: What is this? Why is it not doing anything?!

Fangs: Master, do you have another plan?

You: I don't, but I'll think of something. There must be a way.

We put away all the gold and placed it beside our horses. I pulled out my sword and tried slicing the altar.

Enju: Well, that didn't work.

The door is suddenly opening. I raised my sword from the altar, and the door started closing.

Enju: It's your sword.

You: No, it can't be... I think it's...

Enju: Your blood?

You: I don't know. But I think it is my blood.

I cut my hand a little bit. I let my blood, drip from the altar. The entrance to the cave opens as I kept on pouring more. The opening stops and accepted my offer.

You: Ow... Heal.

I healed my cut and sealed my wound.

Fangs: Master, that's amazing!