17 - The Truth

- 30 Minutes After Chapter XVI
- The Underworld
- Your POV

It looks like there's no end to them. I'm running out of strength. But I have to do this... for Katsumi.

I fell onto my knees from exhaustion.

You: *Panting* Is that... all you got?

More of them started surrounding me again. They're going for the killing blow.

ChromEye: (Y/N)!

ChromEye? What is he doing in the middle of my fight?

ChromEye: You're going to win this! I know you can...

You: I... I can't. I'm too weak to fight. Urkanus must've predicted this to finish me off by himself.

ChromEye: No, (Y/N)! You can do it! Think about Christiane, Sakura, all your friends! What would they feel if they saw your corpse lying around here? Tell me.

You: Christiane, Sakura, Mayumi, Enju, Clint, Ilya, Lilith, Amiela, Alisa... and Lucia...

ChromEye: Tell me.

He's right. What about them? I did this to save Katsumi. But I shouldn't forget about their feelings.

You: Forget it.

I finally stood up with full of courage and continued fighting.

You: Ah!

Tearing demons limb from limb brings me closer to Urkanus. I will fight to the end for them.

Urkanus: Cease!

The demons started retreating. Urkanus appears from the dark.

Urkanus: *Chuckle* I've never seen someone who is high spirited like you. You remind me of someone. And I see that you have the scythe of my necromancer.

You: And I'll use it to kill you. With my advent, I came here to have my vengeance!

Urkanus: For what? Killing your little princess?

You: Shut the hell up and fight me!

He summons his gigantic sword and points it towards me. I charged towards him and threw my scythe. He blocks my scythe, which sends it flying to the air. I took a leap to catch the scythe and use it to land a hit on his chest. The scythe gets stuck.

Urkanus: Aghh!

He picks me up and threw me to the ground.

You: *Grunts*

He pulls out the scythe from his chest and drops it beside him. He charges at me with his sword. I teleported behind him and landed a straight blow to his head using my gauntlets.

You: Ah!

He didn't mind the pain much. He swings his sword while also turning around. He managed to hit me on my left side. I got sent back from the impact. I used the sharp edges of my gauntlets to slow down from being knocked back.

You: *Panting*

He's so tough. It's going to take some planning if I'm going to beat him alone.

Urkanus: I'm going to enjoy feasting on your soul after this.

I stood up and let out a deep breath.

You: Come give it a try.

We both rushed towards each other. I summoned a giant demonic hand and used it to block his attack. The ground around us shatters.

Urkanus: Turn back or I'll destroy you!

You: Sorry. I only know how to go forward.

Urkanus: Fool!