Texas Hold 'Em/Black Jack Got Your Back

Start from the beginning

Data walks back over to Dezirae once he, Riker and Worf walk away from the front desk his body seems to sigh in relief that she did as she said she was going to do and stayed by the spinning door he takes her hand and they walk around the room as he continues to take readings from his Tricorder Data looks at Dezirae strangely as she lets go of his hand then loops her arm through his "it seems like a more appropriate action"  she tells him he tilts his head looks around him then nods at her at least she didn't leave his side he was most relived that she stayed where she was even though he did find it odd that she change the way they walked together as they reach where Riker and Worf were standing a man in a western type outfit walks past them looks around and says "alright time to get down to bidness"  Data looks at his friends and asks "what sort of "bidness" do you think he's getting down to?"  Riker tries very hard not to laugh as Data drags Dezirae with him as he follows the man.... Data and Dezirae wander the casino side by side looking around them as they walk when they see the Texas man at a Black Jack table and Data walks over taking Dezirae with him "put some chips there, mister yes, yes sirree!"  the Texas man says to the croupier then the Texas man notices Data and says "you're new here, aren't you?"  Data replies "yes, sir"  the Texas man places his cowboy hat on Data's head and says "sit down I'm gonna teach you how this game is played, boy"  Data seemed startled when the man placed his hat on his head but Dezirae smiles as she looks into the man/android she loves eyes and says softly with a amused chuckle in her tone "he seems rather eccentric"  Data looks at her curiously and she leads him to the other side of the Texan and ends up standing inbetween him and Data "go ahead ante up"  the Texan says patting the table Data sits down on the stool and places a few chips on the table as the man says "oh me"  then he chuckles as Dezirae cuts the cards "is this poker?"  Data asks the man as he watches Dezirae "no, no Blackjack"  the man replies "Blackjack? accessing"  Data says his eyes move back and forth as he accesses his information banks to find out about the game "ah also known as 21, the number which defines the object of the game picture cards are worth ten, aces one or eleven, all other cards face value"  Data says as Dezirae hands the dealer the cards "boy, you're right"  the Texan says then he says to the dealer "run 'em, boy make 'em nice because there's no bread in the house"  the dealer nods with a small smile then he starts passing out the cards skipping Dezirae who wasn't playing just observing "21, 21 21"  the blonde woman next to the Texan chants softly with her eyes closed as though she was wishing upon a star "don't look at your hand, honey"  the Texan says looking at the woman he was very poorly flirting with while "teaching" her how to play the game "that gal has got to win"  the Texan says looking over at Data "now honey, you got 15 and the dealer's showing 10"  the Texan says turning his attention back to the clueless blonde and looks at her cards "do I hit, Texas, or do I stand?"  the woman asks "if you've gotta win, you've gotta hit"  he replies "hit me"  she says the dealer deals her another card "oh damn"  the woman says when she gains a King of Clubs and she slaps the table lightly Dezirae watches the "show" with a curious confused brow "aw shoot hit me"  the Texan says the dealer deals him another card and he gains a 9 of clubs "21 and a winner yes sirree"  the Texan says with a chuckle "hit me"  Data says the dealer lays down a card "another please"  Data says the dealer lays down another card "don't you think you've had about enough?"  the Texan asks Data "if the objective of the game is to approach a total of 21 points, I definitely need another card"  Data replies as he places the cowboy hat on Dezirae's head and sees her smile at him "yeah"  the blonde says softly "boy you have got the brass! do you know the odds on a 5-card Charlie?"  the Texan says as he looks at Data and Dezirae Data opens his mouth to speak but doesn't get to as the man continues "hell, you're just throwing your money away"  Data says to the dealer the dealer gives him his third card "hit me"  the Texan asks when he sees what cards Data has though Dezirae looked at them oddly she could have sworn Data got a 7 of clubs as his first dealer card when he said "hit me" the first time around "how'd you....?"  the blonde says excitably "whoo! gee!"  the Texan asks "shut my mouth! hey you're not one of them card-counting fellas are you?"  Data's face scrunches up and he replies "the number of the cards and their values remain constant where is the purpose in counting them?"  Dezirae tells him softly "I believe he was joking Data"  Data replies "ah, I see"  she shakes her head with a smile "you having fun, Data?"  they hear Riker asks "fun, sir? while there is a certain amount of enjoyment involved, I am mainly conducting research into...."  Data asks as he turns and looks at his friends who walk up to the table Dezirae chuckles and Riker smiles at her as he says "save it we're getting out of here"  Data nods and says "understood, sir"  Dezirae takes the cowboy hat off her head and lays it on the stool that Data stands up from as the Texan says "you guys, you're holding up the game"  Riker replies "our apologies, sir"  Texas says to Data "I'll watch your chips"  Data replies as he takes Dezirae's hand in his "ah thank you, sir"  then they hear the Texan say as they walk away "deal them up"....