15. Hanna 💋

Hanna sat in her living room, taking a spoon to a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. The light from the television screen illuminated her face in the darkness. A news story about Alison was going to broadcast in a few minutes, and she wanted to make sure that she knew exactly what happened. She couldn't believe that her body had been found out of nowhere like that. She just couldn't understand how she could be dead when she had just gotten a text from Alison.

The news came back from the commercial break and started covering the discovery of the body. It was surreal to see Ali's house on the screen. Hanna never thought that she'd ever really know what happened to Alison, but now it was being broadcasted live on every screen from Rosewood to Philadelphia. Hanna turned up the volume to hear what the reporter was saying.

"Current owners of the residence were in the process of demolishing the structure to make room for a renovation project when workers made the gruesome discovery. The parents of the deceased were unavailable for comment, but a family spokesperson has confirmed that the gazebo was under construction the summer fifteen-year-old Alison DiLaurentis disappeared.

"Tonight, the family is asking for privacy as they come to terms with the sad ending to a year-long mystery and local authorities are coming to terms with the fact that a killer is at large in Rosewood."

The reporter was telling the story with almost no emotion in her face. Hanna couldn't understand how you could talk about something so shocking and devastating with barely even a hint of emotion in your voice. It was like she didn't understand that an actual person with a family and friends was gone, and there was nothing anybody could do about it. The reporters continued talking about the mystery surrounding Alison's disappearance.

The front door slammed open, and Hanna jumped about a million feet in the air. Her mom wasn't supposed to be home for a while longer. She muted the television and looked into the hallway. Her mom was coming in with the cop that had arrested Hanna. Wilden grabbed her mother and pinned her against the wall, kissing her hard. He took her hand and led her up the stairs toward the bedrooms. Mrs. Marin looked sadly back at Hanna as she went.