51. Hanna 💋

Back at Noel's party, Hanna was still watching Sean playing his stupid game of foosball with all the obnoxious teenage boys who thought they had a chance at beating him. As boring as the game was to Hanna, she had to admit that he was really good at it. She was standing by the door to the kitchen, a cup of beer in her hand, waiting impatiently for him to get bored of playing against Noel.

"I'm coming for you," Sean said as he knocked the ball into Noel's goal. "Oh, damn!" He pointed at the board and turned to Hanna, who was fixing her hair absentmindedly. "Did you see that?"

"Awesome," Hanna said. Sean kissed her cheek and turned back to the game. "Look, can this be your last game?"

Hanna shook her head angrily as he started a new game with another boy. Mona approached her with some college guy attached to her. She had her arm wrapped around his waist, while his was dangling around her neck. He was very obviously drunk, but Mona seemed to be fine. Mona glanced between her and Sean. "Have you guys..?"

Hanna shook her head. Mona raised her eyebrows as she pulled her boytoy toward the dance floor in the living room. Hanna walked over to Sean and leaned over to whisper in his ear. "I'll be right back," she said. He nodded vaguely as she turned and strode into the yard.

Aria, Emily, and Spencer were gathered in a huddle outside. Hanna made her way toward them, annoyed by how Sean had been ignoring her since they had arrived. As she approached, she could hear a little bit of the conversation.

"He tackled Ben?" Aria asked, shocked. "What was Toby even doing in the girls' locker room?"

"Why are you shocked?" Spencer asked. "Toby's a perv. We caught him peeping through the windows, watching us undress."

"Alison's the one who saw him do that," Emily argued. "We never did."

Aria rolled her eyes as Hanna arrived. She had no idea what they were talking about. Of course, she'd seen Ben's black eye, but she didn't think it was Toby of all people who had given it to him. From what she'd heard, she was on Aria and Spencer's side. Toby had been a creep way before the Jenna Thing happened. Who was to say he had changed his ways and was now acting as a vigilante?

"What's up?" Hanna asked.

"Toby got into a fight with Ben over Emily," Aria explained. Hanna's eyebrows raised in shock as she looked to Emily to confirm.

Emily scoffed. "It wasn't over me. God," she said. "He just...saved me."

"For what? Himself?" Spencer asked.

"Ew," Hanna said quickly.

"Well, if we hadn't asked about Ben, would you have told us about this?" Aria asked.

Emily was silent. Hanna knew she wouldn't have, and she could understand why. Anything to do with Toby was definitely a touchy subject for all four of them, especially when it came to being alone with him. She had a point though, Hanna hadn't seen Toby in the window either. But why would Ali lie about something like that?

"Toby is not a good guy, Emily," Spencer said. "He could be seriously dangerous."

"If he's such a bad guy, then why'd he take the fall for us?" Emily countered.

Spencer opened her mouth to argue with Emily but stopped and looked at the group guiltily. "Is this another secret?" Aria asked. "Do you know something we don't?"

"Guys, why don't we just, like, chill and talk about this somewhere else?" Hanna interrupted. "When we're alone."

"I don't even know what 'just us' means anymore," Aria said.

Hanna heard an uproar coming from the door to the cabin and saw Sean and Noel coming outside. Sean was finally done playing his stupid little game. This was her chance to get him away from the cabin and set her plan for the evening into motion. Hanna turned back to her friends. "Yeah, let's talk about this tomorrow, okay?" she said. "Are we still meeting up at the shed?"

"Yeah," Aria said. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

Hanna turned and made her way over to Sean with a big smile on her face. As annoyed as she was, she had to pretend that everything was fine so she could get what she wanted. She couldn't get Mona's judgmental look out of her head, and she wanted to make her proud. She only hoped Sean would be along for the ride.