Prologue

Sometimes, we become so obsessed with the expectations we have set to ourselves. Thinking that everything must go according to plan, we tend to pressure ourselves to the point of no return.  

One of the things that people put a lot of expectations on is relationships. We are so in love with the idea of who we should be with and how the relationship must unfold. More often than not, the person we’ve been waiting all along will come into our lives when we least expected it.  

When Angela Larson arrived at Paramere after two years living abroad, she promised herself that this will be the best year of highschool she will ever have. Being a senior in the most prestigious school in town, people expect her to graduate with flying colors and to land a spot in the best university after graduation. Knowing this, Angela told herself that she will make sure not to disappoint them.

But more than excelling in academics, Angela is hoping that she’ll hit the jackpot when it comes to relationships. She wanted to be in the good side of everyone and live a peaceful but exciting highschool life. Moreover, she wished to experience the, what they call, “the joy of being in a relationship.” Since freshman, she has harboured a crush on Paulo. Even during her stay abroad, she never stopped thinking about him. Now that she’s back, she was hoping that Paulo will reciprocate her feelings.      

Seeing how she got enough on her plate, Angela never thought that she will be dealing with the aloof Brandon Lerman. They just cannot stop bickering and glaring at each other. But fate has another plan for them. Due to series of unexpected and unfortunate events, they were forced to interact with each other. Being in the same classes, they have no choice but to be civil at each other. Soon enough, they found themselves in a blossoming friendship.

Will they be able to overcome their grudges for the sake of their grades?

Or will they let their pride took over and crushed whatever chance they have for being buddies?

Most of the time, we forget that the most exciting and best things in life are unexpected...