Chapter Thirty Four

Grabbing onto Luke's hand him squeezing mine tightly in his much bigger one we set off again. To do the unthinkable.

Aaron strolled casually infront of us like we weren't just about to destroy the invincible robot that could break through walls, and could probably easily lift a few thousand pounds.

I didn't know how the two boys could look so calm. How Aaron's face was calm and almost peaceful looking. While Luke's had a wrinkle or so as he slid his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

I took a deep breath, my fingers twitching slightly in Luke's grip. There was nothing I wanted more than to run and never look back, but I knew I couldn't do that. I had to tell myself it was just the nerves and not the idea that I would be destroying something that was most human like, that in ways had emotions and looked like a beautiful angel.

Though right beside me stood a tall boy with a beating heart and blood running through his veins. And he was more than I needed.

The walls around us seemed to get smaller almost as if they were closing in on us, which was preposterous considering it had never happened before in the last fourteen years that I had ventured down here. It must have been because I was getting to nervous knowing fully well what was behind that two sided door.

The Robot Luke.

The closer we got to the door the more I started to fidget in my own skin, using my free hand to scratch my collar bone anxiously.
I only had a few more seconds before I would be walking into the lab and facing one of my biggest fears. I didn't really know how we had expected to do all of this. The thought of just going in there and switching an off button sounded good but also to easy.

It would have to be more difficult. I knew that much. He wouldn't be sleeping or turned off and just easily accessible there had to be a trap or something. Or maybe it was because I read so much stories with unexplainable dramatic endings and I was just over thinking everything. Over analyzing what was going to happen. It was what I do though, not much to it.

The doors appeared in plain sight and Aaron stopped walking and turned to look at us. We came to a hault and silently waited for the other to say something, anything that would interrupt the tense quiet.

Luke wrapped his arm around my waist, a mass of butterflies flew around in my stomach and I had to hold myself back from blushing.

"I think it should be Nexia going in there first." It was Luke that had spoke up first turning to look down at my small frame. Aaron looked horrified as he looked at me. His bright brown eyes almost bulging out of their sockets.

"Are you mad?" He cried out in horror. His hand came out and grabbed ahold of my wrist and pulled me towards him.

Luke still had a hold on me and his grip only tightened as his fingers dug into my hip bone. I winced and he gave me an apologetic look.

"It seems like it would be the best way Aaron. I mean think of it. If Robot One were to spot her she could go over and tell him how much she missed him. She could make him believe her easily if he was alert. And it would be less questioning on why she wasn't freaking out about their being two Luke's. I would never intentionally drag her into danger." Luke was quick to defend himself.

He looked down at me with his bright innocent blue eyes practically begging me to agree with him that it was a good idea.

I wasn't so sure though.

It seemed dangerous in ways to do that. Make me as the bait. I bit my lip for the hundredth time that day slowly debating on if I wanted to agree.

Both sets of eyes were on me and I was beginning to feel uncomfortable as I squirmed around under their curious gazes.

I knew Aaron was against this more then anything else, he only cared about my well being and if he thought I would be getting hurt he was more stubborn and reluctant to let me go.

I could see where both guys were getting at. They both had their ideas on what was going to happen and how to handle it properly and them being total opposites they would never come to a proper conclusion.

"I know you've been her best friend Aaron for a long time. You were there for her when I couldn't, but now I'm here and I want to take care of her. I love her. Do you honestly believe I would let her do this if I thought there would be a huge risk involved for her?" Luke questioned looking directly at Aaron as he spoke.

He paused and looked at me carefully as if processing his words before he continued. "I love her to much to let anything happen to her."
I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I stared at the dirty blond. It was like he knew exactly what to tell me to make me melt.

He gave me a soft smile as he carressed my cheek gently and leaned in pressing his wet lips to my forehead.

I couldn't help myself from wrapping my arms around his body and pulling him to me. My head on his chest as I heard the lovely sound of his heart beating.
Thump, thump, th-thump. It carried on like that for a few more beats until Aaron brought us out of our moment.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and I perched my head up to look at him embarrassed.

I had been to carried away with the lovely sound of Lukes heart; something that I had yearned to hear for so long and was finally able to hear.

"Sorry," I apologized feeling my cheeks heat up excessively. As I looked down at the ground between us not able to look him in the face.

I knew he was hurting but there wasn't a whole lot that could be changed. I wanted Luke. I didn't want Aaron.

"Now can Nexia go in and stall the robot?" Luke questioned with his eyebrows raised. We both looked at Aaron and he sighed as if in defeat. He scratched the back of his neck looking around us before looking at me.

Then finally Aaron spoke glaring at Luke. "I swear to god Hemmings, she dies, I'm killing you."

Vote, Comment, follow. :)