Chapter Fourty One

I mentally cheered Luke on as he slithered his hand to the back of Lucas's neck and popped the box open. I heard the sound of it, a very distinct hiss of air and like someone pressing their lips together and making a loud popping sound as they opened their mouth.

I didn't want to admit it but human Luke looked very attractive with his quiffed hair moving rapidly around his head and his face turned to deep concentration as he tried to press the numbers in with a fighting Lucas. Luke looked determined with his eyes focused onto the box and his fingers hitting buttons randomly in.

I watched as Lucas threw his arm with the knife back narrowly missing Luke's arm. Luke jumped but stayed in place as he reached for the knife but missed it.

He turned back down to his work with a struggling hand.

"Luke watch out!" I screamed watching as Lucas threw the knife back. This time I was late as Luke looked up with wide eyes as the knife swipped across his face.

I screamed in horror as he came toppling off and onto the hard ground with an audible thud. He groaned out in pain grabbing his check where the knife had went and I couldn't help but cover my mouth in horror as Lucas made an advance to strike him again with the knife.

He rolled out of the way when he realized what would happened if he didn't. The knife hitting the ground where Lukes heart had once been and there was a snap as the blade bent at an awkward angle.

Luke jumped up quickly and threw himself on top of Lucas trying to get to the panel. But Lucas was like an angry bull trying to force his identical self to get off of him.

Not before Luke was able to press another button on Lucas's neck.

Then Lucas grabbed Luke by the arm and flung his across the room, Luke barreling onto a table full of papers and test tubes then his body disappeared on the other side.

I didn't have time to process that or even scream before my head was snapped to the side and my body went through the air for a second before I hit into something hard, a wall, the table wall.

I looked up disoriented to see Lucas with his arm out hand held at an awkward angle like he was about to strike someone even though he had just slapped me.

He tsked me lightly, his converse hitting the ground with a soft pat as he came towards me.

When he was close enough he bent down, I heard the crack of his knees knowing that was the sound of his screws rubbing onto the metal and rubber.

"You just never learn Nexia, do you?" He questioned with an evil smirk on his face. "We could have been perfect together, you and I forever, we could have had the life you always dreamed about. But you are so stubborn and hard headed that you didn't want to believe that I could be enough. But you can't ever just have one person, you have to have a variety because you're what we like to call a 'whore'."

I flinched away as he tried to stroke my face with the back of his hand and he frowned at this but it quickly disappeared with a smirk.

That was when I saw Luke from the corner of my eye. He held an oxygen tank in his hands trying to lug it towards us.

"Hey robot." He called, and Lucas looked over on impulse. That was when Luke took the chance and with a swing of his arms let the tank go flying into Lucas's face. I heard the terrible screeching of metal over metal and saw parts of Lucas's rubber skin fall onto his lap as he covered his face.

But I could see his metal clearly. I could see the wires poking out from his ruined cheek and the grey of his interior.

"Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend." Luke spat finishing his sentence with a glare on his face.

With Lucas trying to cover up his interior, Luke took the chance to hit him again with the tank, hitting him square in the head. I heard a crack and knew it had to have been either the tank breaking open or Lucas's nose breaking.

With the way Lucas was acting I could only take it that it was his nose being lodged into his constructed face.

When the tank was pulled away I saw the way his face looked. It scared me how he looked.

Nothing like the perfect Lucas I had grown to know in the short period of time.

He looked scary and ready to kill. It was easier though to not be persuaded by such a beautiful face now that it had its fatal flaws.

Lucas looked towards Luke with a furious expression as he sprang tackling Luke to the ground.
I didn't know what to do. My best friend was dead, my father was no where to be seen, and my boyfriend was getting attacked by the one thing that looked exactly like him set on kill.

"Don't. Don't." I shouted holding my hand out towards them. I tried to stand, my ribs crying out in pain as I fell back onto the floor.

I could see that Luke was losing when Lucas wrapped his hands around Luke's head and started to slam his head onto the ground.
A surge of adrenaline rushed through me as I pulled myself up from the ground getting on my hands and knees and dragging myself towards the two.

I had one chance to save Luke even if it meant me dying. It was worth it though, I knew that. When I finally got to where the two were I pushed myself up, remembering I had to do this for a reason. I had to do it for Luke. I had to do it for a better life.

They were to entangled in their own little feud to notice me pop up behind them. I looked at Lucas's neck seeing that the digits 89 was plugged in. Luke had got all the way to the backwards combination I quickly realized. I only had two buttons to push and a few words to say.

That was my job and as tired as I was I knew I had to complete it.
I took a deep breath knowing I had to pace myself or I would never succeed.

With my arms held out I lept onto Lucas's back ignoring the bone crushing pain that surged through me from my ribs.
Lucas seemed to be surprised at the sudden weight gain and tried to flick me off.

My legs wrapped around him tightly and my one arm stayed securely to my side while the other one went to the panel.
I found the 9 and pressed it, then looked for the one, quickly spying it. My finger started moving out to reach it when Lucas lurched forward off the ground and my arm wrapped around his neck trying to hold on.

"You have to give up Lucas!" I cried as he tried to throw me off with no success, my grip only tightening around him.

"Get off of me Nexia. Or I will make you regret this." He threatened me. I ignored his comment and tried to reach my hand to push the "one" but Lucas leaned back making me miss it and my finger hit his slick rubber skin instead.

I looked down to see that Luke was lying on the ground, his face pale, and blood staining the tiles around him. His head was slanted to the side with his mouth pursed open and the gouging wound on his cheek looked bad with dry blood caked around it.

He looked like he was dead, completely and utterly gone.

I had to do this for him.

My mind reminded me and I reached out with my head. My nose touching the one as I pressed it in. Then Lucas went still.

I leaned closer to where his ear was and whispered the one word that would change it all.

"Deactivate."

Hey you guys! Thank you for being amazing readers and finishing this book. It was so fun to make it and I really hope you enjoyed reading it. If I get enough votes and comments then there will definitely be an epilogue! I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Vote, comment, follow. :) :)
-HolyMichaelClifford