Chapter Twenty Two

"Aaron we need to take him out as soon as possible." I spoke iritatedly into the phone I had been home alone for a few hours now. Dad had decided to take Luke in again before Tuesday came along and school would start up again, I didn't want Luke to be there but I couldn't show how badly this angered me. I chewed on my knuckle trying to hide my annoyance with Aaron so I won't affend him.

He has been telling me that we needed to be patient and wait it out, wait till the perfect moment to go ahead with our plan which could take weeks to be able to do. I couldn't wait weeks I needed to get rid of Luke now before I fall for him and before he gets worse. Or he might start seeing through my plan to get rid of him and I couldn't have that happening.

I didn't need to feel like I killed someone I might have fallen for. And if he gets worse I don't want to end up getting killed because he gets mad at something I did or if I decided to make a smart ass comment directed towards him on accident. I didn't want to get the worse end of that stick.

I mentally shivered at that idea as my fingers seemed to drum against the window frame even faster. Aaron and I had been at this for an hour now debating on the best tactic and we still couldn't come up with a good enough plan. Though my thoughts were on jumping him when he least suspected it and his were to wait it out and than have a good idea to make sure that Luke would be relaxed enough.

To be honest I was sloppy at ideas I was to busy trying to make sure I didn't fall for the six and a half foot metal man so I wouldn't flake out on this last minute. It wasn't like I ever made a plan like this before and I knew that if I would have done this alone that I might have got found out and it wouldn't be good for me.

That thought made me cringe at what kind of anger I could get from him by betraying him and everything he had thought was possible for us.

"Nexia calm down we will make this work trust me." Aaron tried to tell me, I rolled my eyes at his words knowing that he had said that countlessly before but now I had to trust him with my life and I didn't like playing with that on the line.

I scanned the outside world briefly, I've been doing this quite a bit to make sure that I would be able to know when dad and Luke would be back. So I can pretend to be the amazing girl that he thought I was. I knew he wanted more than just for me to be that girl he wanted me to be his girlfriend and I didn't want that.

"Not even I can screw it up." I spoke dryly and I could just see him giving me an evil glare through the phone.

"You know you don't have to help out right?" I reminded him if he wanted to he could drop out of the scheme making and that would mean I would have to go into this alone. I wouldn't be able to make him stay because he wasn't apart of this, but I knew that he wouldn't just leave me now.

"Well I'm not going to leave you now." He promised me and I sighed knowing that would be his answer. He would always be like this and I knew there was nothing that I could do to change his mind. He was determined to show how dedicated he was to me even though I had told him that I couldn't do or be what he wanted. Boys were complicated I suppose.

"You were always stubborn." I cracked a smile and I knew he was to on the other end of the line.

"It's an Aaron thing." He told me simply and I laughed at that. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt doing this alone."

The thing was I would get hurt no matter what this was something I needed to do and the more I dragged this on the more I would suffer after it was all over. I would more than likey feel alone because Luke knew and understood me more than anyone else including Aaron and that was something that no one else did.

Maybe right now I needed to get rid of him but what would happen and how would I feel after it was all over? Satisfaction that I had killed or more so disconnected someone that was meant to be everything I needed and wanted?