Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“You can’t be serious, I don’t want to stay home with it tonight.” I snapped at my dad watching as he put his over coat on, he turned to give me a sad sympathetic look shaking his head. 

“I’m sorry Nexia but I don’t want Luke to be home alone." He told me 

"Than take him back to the lab with you, where the hell he belongs." 

"Nexia language. Please be nice to Luke or I'm shutting your phone off for a month. You need to give him a chance, it might turn out that you do like him." He came over pulling me into a hug, and I sighed giving in and hugging him back.

"A month without a cell phone doesn't sound that bad." I muttered quietly to myself, he placed a kiss on my forehead. "How much you paying me?"

"It's more like he's babysitting you. I already gave him money for pizza so he can call in later, and there are some moives you guys can watch, I'm giving you premission to go on Netflix and watch four movies of your choosing, and I won't be home till later tonight so don't worry about waiting up for me. If anything goes wrong you have my number and I promise to answer, there was a stipulation last night and I forgot it in the car." 

I frowned slightly but agreed and then he walked out of the house and to his car; I grabbed my phone and instantly called him before he got in. He stopped as I stared out the window at him, and grabbed it answering it.

"I'll miss you dad." I told him softly, and he turned around to blow me a kiss. 

"I'll miss you too sweety."

"Drive safe today." I said, and he smiled at me.

"I always do." This was our usual thing, I always called him when he was going out to the car and we always said the exact same thing, it became a habit ever since mum got in the car accident and it seemed to work to keep dad safe so I never really stopped even after almost eleven years. 

"I love you." 

"I love you more pumpkin." He hung up the phone as he continued to the car as I held my cell phone to my ear still hearing the soft beeping of the dead line as he drove off with a last wave in my direction. I waved back putting my phone into my pocket as I settled down into my seat. 

It was going to be a long night I knew that. It wasn't even five yet and usually when dad said late he meant one or two in the morning, but he could have brought the robot with him, what if it tried to kill me? I bit my lip suddenly scared about that thought. What if he tried to strangle me in the middle of the night, what if he suddenly made me disappear? This was all I could think about as I started tasting blood in my mouth the familiar metallic taste traveling down my tongue hitting my tastebuds that seemed to lap it up. 

My hands went to my pant legs wipping off the invisible debris and then drumming my thighs wondering if I could make a run for it and if the metal bot was to dumb to realize I escaped and then I could try to find a quick way to town; since I didn't have a car let alone a drivers liscense and town was over two miles away. 

My thoughts were thwarted when I heard the robot's voice behind me.

"Your dad and you have a close bond." He examinded in a monotone voice. I heard the sound of his feet slap against the wood ground coming closer to where I was, and I stiffened not knowing what to do, and a little sour about him catching me when I was deep in thought.

I nodded as he came around staring at me curiously, 

I hated how he stared at me, it was like how my grandfather stared at my grandmother and they've been together for over fifty three years.

        "I'm going to punch you if you don't quit staring at me." I hissed irritated, looking back out the window. I still felt his probbing eyes on me and my hand clenched into a tight fist.

        "It'll only hurt you. And I don't want you to get hurt." He spoke gently and I gave a sharp humorless laugh shaking my head at that.

        "I bet you wouldn't mind hurting me." I scoffed. He grabbed me suddenly bringing me to look him in the eyes, it wasn't in a mean way only like he wanted to make sure I ws paying attention and listening closely.

        "I would never hurt you.." He spoke sternly giving me a serious look. His eyes seemed to be communicating as well, as they shot me hurt looks, like I had hurt him with just saying that. I huffed pulling away from him and straightening my shirt out which got crinkled by him.

        "Easy there killer."

        "I'm not a killer." He growled out and it seemed like he stomped his foot making me laugh at his girly action.

 "Whatever you say." I put my hands up in defence and he frowned at this and crossed his arms. 

"Why do you have to be so irritating?" He groanned and I smirked at that. 

"Because I'm human, and you're not." I replied with a slight shrug.

 "Why do you hate me so much?" He asked in a soft tone, making me look over at him. I pursed my lips trying to think of a nice way to put it to him, one where even a robot could understand.

        "You aren't suppose to be here, to be made. You have these feelings programmed into you, you aren't actually feeling them, you aren't human, you don't have a heart, nor a pulse. Where your heart is I bet all it is is just wiring or a box that holds a part of you together. I don't understand why my dad made you for me in the first place." I spoke hesitantly, standing up. Luke moved towards me swiftly and I stepped back from him as he took another forward. I knew what he was doing, luring me into a corner. He was pretty smart for a pile of metal and cords thrown together. 

I stoppped in my place not moving,  but he still came towards me till his tall frame was towering over my small one and I looked up at him. He put his hand on my cheek, and I flinched back slightly but his hand still stayed in place.  

"Well I do have feelings, and I was made to protect you, to take care of you and most of all," He bent down so he was looking me square in the eyes though his eyes went down to my lips every few seconds. "To please you." I gulped backing away slightly.  

"No thanks, I'd rather not have a robot pleasing me let alone protecting me." 

"I was created just for you Nexia so if you don't think I know what you like than you are wrong. I'm made to be the perfect guy for you." Luke told me, and I move away from him looking dejectedly out the window. 

"You aren't a guy, you are a robot, and perfect isn't what I want, perfect is boring." I told him with a shrug of my shoulders. I heard him hmm at that, and I turned back to look at him. His eyebrows were raised slightly on his crinkled forehead as his lips were pressed into a hard line. 

"What is so wrong with perfect?" He asked suddenly catching me off guard. I looked at him slightly head cocked to the side to see if he was serious, well he was a robot so he had to always be serious, as were the steriotypical movie ways tell it. 

"Perfect isn't fun, it isn't unique, it is just boring." I answered simply and he nodded in understanding. 

"If I wasn't so perfect would you ever give me a chance?" He was all about asking questions today it seemed. He reached out with his long arm and pushed back a strand of hair that was in my face and tucked it behind my ear with a soft smile. 

"Maybe." I lied just to get him to quit asking me questions, as I pulled away from his hand that still lingered on my cheek. 

"Good because I am going to try to be not so perfect, because I want you." He spoke like he had already an idea on how to not be so perfect. I didn't want to get his hopes up but that was what I was doing as mean as it was it would probably be my only hope of making him weak. I didn't want a robot and I didn't want him here as good as he looked he wasn't human and that was something I didn't want.

He smiled as his fingers lingered on my skin for a second longer than what I was comfortable. If I had to play to get what I wanted; his disappearance then so be it. I gave him a fake smile back.