Chapter Fourty

It was like I was in a nightmare, seeing my best friend lying lifeless on the ground, blood dried to the corner of his mouth. I didn't really ever think that something like this would ever happen, that it would be Aaron that took his life to save me.

It was hard to decipher now all that was happening. One minute I was locked into human Lukes arms, the next I was on the ground next to Aaron as everyone was to shocked to move or do anything.

I grabbed Aarons head and placed it onto my crossed legs barely registering the pain as I tried to wake my friend up knowing it was a wasted effort.

"No, no, no. This can't be how you die Aaron. You have a story to live. Open your eyes, we have to go onto the next chapter." I begged him using his life as a metaphor as I stroked his face with one of my hands.

My fingers brushed his warm blood dry caked lips, and ran over his semi warm skin.

This wasn't suppose to happen. It was suppose to be me that died. It should have been me not him.
I cried pulling him close to me letting my guard down. I didn't pay attention to anyone behind me, I just couldn't get myself to look at any of the three people.

I was to emotionally drained, to hurt, and tired. I just wanted to go back to sleep and never wake up. I wanted to trade places with Aaron. He was to much of a good friend and if this was how he would die, saving me, it made me feel incredibly stupid and like a terrible person.

"Don't touch her!" I heard Luke scream. I turned around seeing robot Luke coming towards me with the knife in his hand and my Luke running and jumping on him.

It didn't seem to do anything except piss robot Lucas off as Luke wrapped his arms and legs around the mechanical being and Lucas start trying to stab him.
Luke narrowly missed each attack and I cried out in joy each time.

"Dad can you shut him off?" I cried looking over at the tall man who stood in complete shock; mouth parted, eyes wide, hands to his sides.

His eyes flickered to me and it looked like he was coming back slowly.

"I can try." He told me and quickly turned around and ran to where his desk would be stationed at.

I turned back around to see where Luke was; one arm wrapped around the robot, both legs locked in a vice tight hold around his lower half.

Luke looked at me while he tried to battle the robot, his face was sweaty and his lips pursed into a tight grimace.

I knew that my Luke was getting weak hanging on while he tried to battle to get the knife. I needed to do something, I had too.

"Leave him alone!" I screamed looking around me for anything. I grabbed my shoe pulling it off my foot and throwing it at him. It hit robot Luke in the chest and he stopped what he was doing, momentarily stunned until his eyes locked on me.

I set Aaron's head down onto the ground as I pulled myself up.

"I was the one who thought of the plan to destroy you. I wanted to destroy you." I told him, it seemed to work because he stopped fighting with Luke altogether and glared at me hatefully.

"I didn't want you here. I just wanted to see what your weakness was, and once I saw you were jealous I used that against you. You were so easy to fool. So stupid and naive to believe I wanted you. I don't want you though and I never did. I just used you when I was bored."

I saw the anger, hurt and betrayal light his perfect features and he tried to charge forward. Luke covered the robots eyes the best he could so the robot couldn't see.

"I will kill you. I will kill you Nexia Rose like I killed Aaron. I will make sure you suffer!" He bellowed out, his words rang through the room and my stomach seemed to drop.

I looked around me down at Aaron, who's face was pale and who's eyes were shut. I looked at where the knife wound was, blood drenching the ground around him and soaking his black shirt.

He was so young, only 18, he had a full life to live and it was taken from him in such a short period of time.

It didn't even seem like it was real, him dying, I don't think I even processed it all even after single handedly watching it before my eyes.

It seemed like this was one of his infamous pranks that he use to pull on me when we were younger.

Lucas had ruined everything. He ruined my arm, my future, the way I see life. He ruined my best friend by taking his life, he ruined Luke, and my father and everyone else that has come into my life recently, and he ruined me.

It was hard to hold that boiling anger down from surfacing.

After thinking about everything I knew that Lucas couldn't be here anymore. There was a point that he had crossed and I don't know how he could have crossed it in only a week or two but he managed too.

I moved towards him ignoring the pain I felt with every step I took. My body withering but I bit my lip and carried on.

"How dare you. How dare you threaten me. How dare you kill my best friend." I yelled at him angrily. I wasn't crying anymore I was to angry for that and I don't think I had any more tears to shed.

I watched Luke move one of his hands making sure to still cover both of Lucas's eyes as he reached for the panel on the back of his neck

I think this will be the second to last chapter. I'm not sure quite yet. If people like it a lot and I get enough votes and comments then I would gladly write and Epilogue.
Vote, comment, follow. :)