Chapter Thirty Nine

I don't really know how to explain it. One moment I'm there, then the next minute I was thrown back into reality where I was on the cold hard ground. The pain rolling through my body, gasps leaving my mouth and my eyes popping open wide. Luke stood in front of me and I screamed trying to push away from him.

My one arm stayed in place not moving as my other one gripped the bloodied ground behind me to get myself away from the scene. To get myself away from Luke.

"Nexia calm down it's me Luke, the real one." He tried to coax me with his hands up in front of him as if to show he meant no harm.
I looked at him closely and saw that he looked young and unshaven with the stubble on his chin. He had the white lab coat on that looked exactly like the one I wore and those black and white converse.

It was Luke.

But where was-

"Aaron is keeping robot Lucas busy." He told me as if reading my thoughts. A shrill, almost girly scream filled the room as our heads snapped in the direction it came from. I tried to ignore the throbbing pain that racked my body from the movement as my head turned but it was no use.

"We better go and check on them." Luke told me holding his hand out for me to take. I tried to reach for it but my left hand missed; I was so disoriented I couldn't see straight.

Luke bit his lip and reached down wrapping his arm around me and pulling me up. I remembered what my mum had said to me in the strange dream, that he was the one.

Putting my weight into him I rubbed at my eyes with my uninjured hand. My face was sticky and my nose hurt and when I pulled my hand away I saw drying blood on it. I probably looked like complete crap right now but being in the situation I was in currently I had an excuse.

"Stay awake beautiful." Luke begged me quietly and I nodded slowly, sluggishly trying to move my body around.

"My ribs." I whinned feeling the tender area knowing that there was a rib or two that was more than likely broken.

"It'll be alright, don't worry sweety." He told me and I felt his wet lips press to my temple. It was like a pain reliever because my head ache seemed to disappear for a moment as he pulled me with him.

I saw Aaron then, he ran towards us with his eyes wide open and blood streaming down his nose and mouth, his hair ruffled around, and his black shirt was ripped down the middle and the sides.

"Don't ever tell that Luke you had sex with his girl." Aaron warned us as he sprinted past and I looked to see robot Lucas running towards us with a long sharp knife in his hands until he stopped seeing me in Lukes arms.

Both of the Lukes glared at each other threateningly. Robot Luke going into a position to charge while human Luke pulled me behind him. My good arm wrapping around his neck as I peeked around his bulky shoulder.

"Give me the girl." Robot Lucas spit out, his arm out stretched towards us, palm up as his fingers moved through the air as if waiting for my Luke to hand me off.

"You'll have to kill me first." Luke warned him and the robot cocked his head to the side, a crazed look on his face.

"That can be done." He spat out getting ready to charge. I closed my eyes.

"Just what is going on in here?" I heard my fathers furious voice erupt from somewhere else. My eyes popped opened and I looked around trying to find him and when I did, he stood at the back of the room with his arms crossed over his chest, a furious scowl on his face.

I didn't even care that he was mad I was just glad that he was here now. He looked at me then, his mouth falling open in shock staring at my condition that I was in.

"Nexia what happened to you?" He asked horrified taking a step closer. I cocked my head towards where robot Luke was as he stood there unsure of what to do.
"It was your robot." I told him and he glanced at where the sudden topic change stood. "He's trying to kill me."

My father shook his head. "That isn't possible Nexia, Luke would never do that. He loves you. He is perfect, he would never do anything like that." He spoke as if forgetting the state that I was in.

It was like he was to stubborn to believe that something he made could have glitches, that it could be dangerous. And could have killer moments.

"Why can't you believe me? Why do you always have to think that Luke is perfect? Why do you keep believing that I want perfect?" I begged him for answers. Pushing myself away from my Luke to stand up taller. Luke still grabbed a hold of me and made sure I was held upright.

Aaron came then to my other side and helped pull me up looking back at the robot Luke cautiously.

"I just want you to have a good life. You need perfe-" He began to explain before I cut him off mid sentence.

"I do not need perfect. What I need is a father who will put me before work. What I need is for you to understand that I make mistakes and you need to let me make my own.

"I know mum died and you're scared to fall in love and let me fall in love with just anyone that could easily get hurt or hurt me but you need to understand that is what being human is about.

"Making a life for yourself, making your own mistakes so you can learn from them. Dad having this robot Luke will do nothing but cause us more misery. He needs to go. I don't want perfect I want unique. We can make our lives unique."
He looked like he was on the verge of tears while I was already full blown crying.

I practically begged him to kill or get rid of robot Luke so we could have a better life. And I could see the changes in his face as he slowly but deliberately thought about this.

"Please get rid of him." I pleaded and my father sighed sadly.

"Alright. Robot Luke I'm sorry but it's time to deprogram you." My father spoke slowly and with guilt dripping from each word.

"Nooo!" Luke roared, my head turned to see that he was charging forward towards me and my Luke and if there was anytime that would be a good time to die it would be now. But before Luke could get to us I saw a horrifying sight play put in front of me.

Aaron stepped into the path of robot Luke with determimation in his eyes as he glanced back at us. Then I heard what sounded like a tear and I heard Aaron gasp out in pain.

He fell onto the ground looking at us with a knife in his chest, right next to where his heart should be.

I gasped in shock seeing the tan boy, my best friend lie there dying. I cried out trying too run towards him but was held back by human Luke as robot Luke looked down at what he just did.

"I've always loved you Nexia. Always." Aaron choked out, his hands gripping at his chest trying to pull at his clothes.
I could see his eyes beginning to close as I looked at him.

"I love you Aaron. I love you. Please don't die." I begged him not even being able to see as I still fought against Luke's hold on me.

Aaron still repeated his words over and over again. Each one getting softer then the one before as he started to go to a quiet hum. I blinked, the tears leaving and I looked at my best friend as he laid his head back, eyes closed never to open again.

I know this is a shite chapter. I just wanted to update tonight, I had this big urge too. So comment, vote, follow. Only maybe two or three chapters left until the books done. :) Again, vote, comment, follow.