Chapter Fourteen

"I know I miss her everyday." Dad murmured to me as he cupped my hand that held the glass globe, his other arm wrapped around my waist in a fatherly manner as he stared at the picture with me wordless. Luke came over and steadied me in his arms pulling me into a hug as I stood there motionless not knowing what to do.

I didn't push away from him even though he had violated a rule I had set up, in a way it felt good to have people trying to comfort me even if one wasn't human.

But I knew this wasn't what I wanted, I wanted comfort but by someone else, it was the comfort of a mother that I needed at the moment not by these two, but the second was the comfort of Luke. Not this Luke though I needed the comfort of the one from last night, this one didn't seem like the same, everything about the one last night seemed so much like a human and this one seemed more cold and mechanical.

"Lets go to bed babe." He whispered huskily into my ear, my heart fluttered at the new pet name as he pulled me with him to the door. I didn't fight back to get away from him, I made sluggish movements as he all but pulled me.

I felt numb, exhaustion and fatigue started to consume me as I wobbled on my knees. Luke grabbed me picking me halfway up off the ground as we walked towards the door. He stopped though and I could tell he was debating on leaving dad alone in my room.

My head was drooped down as Luke switched his weight from foot to foot as he rubbed my back soothingly. I was to tired to do anything except let him hold me in his arms. He leaned the small gap between us and kissed my forehead soothingly. Trying to get a reaction from me but I gave no indetation that I noticed it. To preoccupied by my own thoughts I bit my lip and tried to get the image of her out of my head.

"I'm taking her to bed sir." Luke called to my dad, as he continued dragging me with him. My dad said something that I couldn't make out but nodded slowly in his direction. Luke pushed me through the door and my eyes scanned the door and the way the big hole in the middle looked a lot like where a vertical sized brick had went.

That had to have been from Luke there was no way it could have been from dad. Dad couldn't have done that because the wood was thick and it made a huge crack slithering up and down the wood door. It looked almost as bad as I had imagined it to be. And Luke moved inbetween the door and I to hide the scene from me. Probably so I wouldn't freak out about what kind of force he must have used to do that.

It scared me but I didn't let it show as I turned back ahead as he helped pull me to his room. He got impatient halfway there and decided to just pick me up in his arms. As I was motionless he looked down at me sympathetically and bent kissing my nose.

I stayed still closing my eyes as his hands moved making sure that one was wrapped tightly around my backside and the other was just below my bum holding my thighs and giving them a squeeze.

"Just so beautiful." He murmured softly and stroked my cheek. My eyes peeled open to see his face was directly above mine. His eyes on my lips and his lips were close to mine, his face looked cold and paled, you could see there was no sight of veins or any spots under his skin that had a hint of blood or any colour. He looked like he was made out of stone.

I wanted to make a smart ass comment back.

"Just so stone cold." But I kept it to myself not wanting to start anything, or make him ask questions. He pushed open his door as he walked in keeping his lights out as he made his way straight forward and turned around pulling me onto the bed with him as he cupped me tenderly in his arms. His face snuggled into the side of my head, my hair going everywhere as he sighed to himself.

"I know you like music, would you like for me to sing to you?" He asked me and I was surprised by his offer. I couldn't refuse it, and hoped he saw me nod.