Chapter Thirty Three

"How do you possibly have your fucking drivers license you drive like my mum?" Luke asked once we got to the lab. Aaron pulled out the keys looking in the rear view mirror at Luke who looked like he was going to throw up.

I understood that fully. I was sympathetic for Luke having to deal with that first riders feeling as well.

Aaron looked affended by the insult letting out a small gasp.

"He drives like Louis The Tommo Tomlinson." I countered in evily and Aaron glared making a face at me.

"I have more style than Tomlinson, he has the sass and ass but I have the Style."

"Actually he has Styles you have nothing." I replied with a wink and he shook his head at me.

"Hunny he ain't gay." Aaron spoke in a girly fake gay voice as he did a little hand gesture towards me. He pursed his lips and made a clucking sound with his tongue.

This was one of the reasons why Aaron and I got along so well, he understood my jokes and he played along with it. But when it came to the Asian cracks that was when he wanted to go Jack Black on your ass.

"I beg to differ." I said as Luke opened my door. I took his outstretched hand and he helped pull me up and into his arms. He hugged me tightly for a few seconds and I didn't try to pull away because I knew he was upset about destroying something that he had worked so hard on with my father to make. But he wanted to get rid of Luke for the better of us.

"You good?" I asked once we pulled back and he nodded kissing me it was much harder for him to lay his forehead against mine but I loved how it was.

"Lets go." I said and he grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. I saw Aaron standing a little bit in front of us giving us the space we needed and I would have to tell him thank you for being so patient later.

Luke walked us to the doors and we let go knowing that it would raise more than enough eyebrows and since they might already get an idea on who I was I didn't need that. Luke opened the door for me and I walked in keeping my head down.

The cold AC felt good with the big coat I had on. The boys went to either side of me almost protectively as we headed towards the doors that we needed to get down to the basement. Most people here probably didn't even have an idea on what was going on down there. But if they were to find out all hell would break lose.

I bit my lip as we got through another set of doors and than to the stairs. It was much more effective than the elevator since I was scared of them and because they had video cameras and I couldn't let anyone getting curious of us on it.

Luke put his hand on the small of my back as we walked down making sure that I wouldn't fall. It was a sweet gesture something the robot Luke had done often but what I had took for granted.

It was strange to realize that there were two Lukes; one that was undoubtedly perfect while the other one was adorably geeky and had quirks. Two Lukes but one seemed to captivate my heart more than the other though they were just one person.

I bit my lips clasping my hands in front of me as I was the first one to hit the downstairs double doors. I knew we were getting closer to the basement and my heart kept racing. It was something that I was known for feeling paranoia; the stomach churning feeling that seemed to swallow me alive.

I felt like I was going to puke.

"Don't worry it will be over soon." Luke seemed to feel the worry that simmered off of me, he moved closer towards me and kissed the top of my head. It seemed to help me if not a little and I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in. It was easier in ways to be with Luke, to be happy. At least he was like me in ways, made mistakes and knew right from wrong. He would grow old and eventually die like any normal person should.