Chapter Thirty Six

The blood rushed from my face as I stopped dead in my tracks. The papers falling from my hands and covering the picture of my mother on the table.

It was like all the air in the room disappeared and I was left with the empty quietness, it was an erie silence that I wasn't very fond of.

But the words from that familiar Australian boy kept replaying in my head, they were cold and distinct, it told me that it wasn't human Luke that was talking to me.

My body tensed up and my mouth went dry. My hands getting abnormally sweaty and my breathing intensed.

I didn't know what to say or do. Everything that I had rehearsed on the way here quickly evaded my mind and I was left with nothing.

I licked my dry lips trying to remember as quickly as I could the pin number for Luke's panel and the words I would have to say to him.

Beside for that I didn't know what to say to him.

Aaron and Luke both said I should go for the sweet, innocent and simple "I missed you", but with the way he sounded I didn't know if he would be dumb enough to believe that.

I bit my lip and slowly turned to look at him.

He stood with his arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed on his forehead, and his eyes were a colder, darker colour than they had been. They were slitted as he had his head cocked to the side staring at me intently.

My breath caught in my throat seeing him look so scary, like a predator about to attack. This wasn't the Luke that was sweet and innocent, he looked dangerous.

We looked at each other; having a quiet staring battle which I was slowly losing and I knew it. His eyes were piercing into me making it harder to breathe or to even think properly.

There was something off about this robot Luke. He looked more robotic, mechanical, it could have been the habitat he was placed into, being back at the lab or it could be something totally different.

Whatever it may have been it scared me. I didn't want to let it on how bad seeing him like this made me feel but I was petrified. I felt my teeth graze the inside of my cheek and dig into the flesh. It seemed to be the only thing I could do.

My body frozen in place, my lips not moving, my eyes locked to his.

Every instinct in my body told me to run and never look back. But I knew I couldn't even if I wanted too.

"I asked, are you looking for something?" He bit out rudely, his mouth barely moving as he grinded his teeth together- a terrible ear splitting sound.

There seemed to be nothing in his eyes that told me he recognized me. It was like this Luke had lost all his emotions except for anger.

This was the Luke that I had tried so hard to appease so many times when he was angry and upset but now was different, I could see it plain and clear.

"I-I wanted t-to see y-you." I stuttered out unconvincingly and I mentally cursed at myself. It sounded like I was unsure of myself, like I was asking a question.

Luke crossed his arms over his broad chest. The black shirt he wore tightened excessively on his muscles as they seemed to expand. His eyes darkening in colour turning an alarming black that made me step back. My back side hitting the edge of the table top and the stack of papers falling down and scattering around my feet.

I saw his eyes train onto them and then turn into slits as he glared menacingly up at me.

"It sure seems like you wanted to see me." He spoke in a snarky, sarcastic voice taking a step forward making me press my back deeper onto the counter top and I ignored the pain that ripped through me.

"I did. I missed you." I lied. I was never very good at lying but it didn't stop me from trying. I saw the way his eyes took in my appearance not seeming pleased to see the lab coat I adorned.

He moved forward just a brief step with a determind look on his face. I tried not to make any moves to get away from him because it seemed like he was calculating something, trying to figure something out, that something being me.

"You seem scared and a little flustered. Is something the matter Nexia?" He taunted me taking another step closer. It seemed like he knew something was going on but that couldn't be, considering that he had been in here all day.

"You're scarying me Luke." I told him honestly.

He let out a deep chuckle, it wasn't like the chuckles that he use to do this one was menacing in a strange way, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
I saw his hand go up to his mouth and pull at the lip ring, tugging at it briefly for a moment like he was actually beginning to believe what I was saying.

"How am I scarying you Nexia?" He asked and there was something more in his voice, a bit of mockery no doubt. He went over to the black table opposite of this one which held test tubes and mechanical parts.

Looking at me as he did so he swipped his hand across the counter with incredible speed that everything that had once been on it came flying off. I ducked before a glass test tube filled with something green wizzed past my head.

A shriek breaking through my mouth was heard throughout the room. Then his laughter started up.

"Oh I would never hurt you Nexia-" He spoke and suddenly I was pushed against the side of the table, my head slamming into it, my vision blurring.

Lukes hand was placed against my collar bone keeping me in place. An evil smile on his lips.

"Oh, I love you to much. Forever and always, remember?" He quizzed with his head cocked to the side. "You think I am so stupid that I couldn't hear you with the two boys outside planning my destruction?" He screamed in my face.

I turned my head to the side to try and get away from him, to get away from those evil eyes.

"No you're going to look at me. You're going to look at me while I hurt you the same way you planned to hurt me." He told me.

His fingers pried under my chin and moved my face harshly to look at him. His nose pressed to mine.

His one hand went to my broken one, playing with the cast idly.

"You remember how you thought you could fly? You tried to jump out your bedroom window and ended up breaking this arm." He held it up looking down at it with a smirk on his face.

My stomach dropped at the sight as he grabbed it. I could hear the breaking of the cast and took a deep breath. "You were so naive to believe you could fly, what a stupid little girl."

He looked up at me then with his mouth parted into a crooked grin. That was when I heard the crack of my arm as he ripped it at an angle he shouldn't have and I saw red.

Please vote, comment, and follow. I would feel so much better if people told me what they thought of this story and voted for it. Please. Thank you beautifuls. I want over 10 likes before I post the next chapter :)