{Chapter Eighty-Two}

*Nikki*

Some time passed and despite the occasional good times, we still had a lot of bad times.

The band has experienced its turmoil and issues more and more as we try to continue.

I knew why but I guess I was too stubborn to admit it.

We had a MTV Unplugged show tonight and I am starting to think it would be best to cancel.

Mick and I peered out the curtains of the side stage, seeing a lot of the empty seats.

Two girls almost at the front even holding up a sign saying BRING VINCE BACK sign up.

Someone in the back holding a WE WANT VINCE sign as well.

I looked over at Mick as he closed the curtain and sighed as I walked from the side stage and see Mal standing nearby, looking upset, meaning she probably saw the sign, too.

"I know what you're gonna say, Mal," I said, walking past her as I started to pace a little.

She just sighed, turning around. "Well, I'm sorry, but what else do you want me to say, Nikki?" She said, turning to me. "You know things aren't going well, and I mean no offense to John, but you know why...."

"Look, Vince made his choice," I said sternly. "And even if he wanted to come back, he still hurt you... I can't forgive that easily, let alone at all..."

"It was on me, though, I said that stuff to him, I crossed the line, too," she argued.

"Yeah, but that still doesn't give him the right to hit you, Mal!" I snapped.

She frowned, looking down with her lips pursed.

I sighed, walking over and pull her into my arms, kissing her forehead.

"I'm sorry... I just... This is all so damn stressful," I said.

She looked up at me and hugged me, resting her forehead against my chest.

"I know... I just wish things weren't like this," She said, looking up at me and holding my face in her hands.

I rubbed her back as I held her. "I know... I promise, once this all settles, you and I can go on a trip somewhere, anywhere you want, so long as we escape all the madness going on right now."

She smiled. "That sounds like a good plan."

I smiled and we softly kissed as then Tom walked over from the lower platform.

I sighed as then Heather walked over to us.

"Hey... Wanna get some snacks?" she said to Mal. "You look pale..."

Mal sighed and nodded. "Yeah... Yeah, let's get something to eat. You want anything babe?"

"Nah, I'm alright," I said, then looked over at Tom as he waited.

She nodded and both of them headed down the stairs over to the snacks table below, Mick joining them.

I sighed as I walked down the steps as Tom walked over.

"You got something to say?" I asked as I walked down the stairs towards him.

"Well," he sighed as I walked over to the railing. "I just didn't think it would end this way, with some other dude singing your songs."

"You mean Elektra's fucking songs?" I snapped.

Tom sighed as I looked down, seeing everyone below.

"You're never gonna live up to this deal. You know that, right?" Tom said, and I gripped the railing.

I tried thinking of something, then looked over at Mick, Tommy and Mal, who observed me worriedly from afar.