Chapter 9

"Oh! What about this one? And this one! Oh, and this--"

"--just get them all Petra!" Levi exclaimed as quietly as possible to not attract any attention towards them.

They had been going baby shopping for their baby which would be due in about a month from now. And so far, it has been a pain. At least for Levi.

Petra had been going on a full on shopping spree--putting in an abundance of clothes and shoes in the cart as if she was paying for every thing. She wasn't.

Knowing she wasn't made Levi even more agitated. Half the stuff they had been getting the baby would have to be five in order to fit. "But what if it's not in stores by then?" Was Petra's argument for buying the unnecessary amount of clothes that she inserted in the cart.

"We still have the babys' crib and stroller left to buy. That alone is a lot of money, and that's not even it, we have more," Levi tries to reason in a way that didn't make him sound like the villain. Besides, the store they were in--overflowing with impregnanted woman that can have episodes of mood swings as quick as the wind blowing-- there was no real reason left to argue.

Levi had to admit though, even if he didn't like the possible fact of his money going down the drain, he loved how gushy and easily flustered Petra got whenever she saw an outfit better than the last. She was just so enchanting.

"Yeah, but...these clothes are so cute!" Petra held up a white onesie fitting enough for a toddler to suit up in.

"The baby won't walk out two years old, Petra. Why don't we get something similar except smaller?" Levi suggested as he tugged on the cart when Petra moved along, eyeing every rack of clothing they passed.

At one point Levi had to keep on pushing her at the back to stroll her around.

"But this is the smallest they c--"

"Just put it in," Levi gave in, not wanting to protest against something as drivel as baby clothes.

Petra hummed triumphantly, dropping the outfit neatly along the other pairs of clothes she put in, never bothering to ask for his input, though that ceased to not matter because he didn't really give two shits what the baby wore as long as it wasn't trash bags.

After a rough hour and a half of browsing--which was only suppose to last about thirty minutes-- Petra finally decides it's time to checkout. And the line for that had been awfully excruciating.

"Since we got time to spare I am going to make way over to the other isles of clothes you so kindly let me pass," Petra turns on her feet to leave. Levi had meant to call her out and plead for her to stay by his side in case something happened, but she had been long gone out of sight.

"For a pregnant woman she sure does move fast," Levi playfully rolls his eyes as he begins inching to the front line every so often. Lately, he has been losing that rough edge of himself. He had been more accepting and smiled just about every second of the day. But that's just an exaggeration.

It may be the fact that everyday he finds himself lucky to wake up to a beautiful woman he can so proudly claim as his wife, or that in less than a month their baby would soon be born and their family will be complete once Mikasa arrives.

"Oh, yeah." Levi thought with astonishment at how quickly he nearly forgot about her. He whips out his phone and promptly sends her a message.

Buffering.

Levi raised a brow.

He sent a few more messages and yet neither of them sent.