Chapter 4

~ I apologize for any future mistakes...

_________________

"You want me to go out with you?" Mikasa says the next morning with disbelief that her food almost spills out of her mouth. A small piece of egg manages to escape but she wipes it off her shirt and flickers her eyes back up at Jean.

He had already been dressed for the day, waiting with exhilaration for a reply--one he hoped to be a good one at that.

He spent the night pondering over the best places in Tokyo to take Mikasa so they could make up for lost time. And given the information Armin told him about her stay so far: she needed a day out.

"Yes, go get ready" Jean ushers with a wave of his hand.

Mikasa blinks at him, musing over her options. If she had to be her frank usual self, she would have simply said no and continued on with her day with nothing better to do. But that led to her second option. She had nothing better to do all day, and with her friends working and spending a day out with Jean offering to pay is honestly the best thing that has happened so far.

She sighs, gives Jean a dirty glare as she sips her mug of strawberry lemonade. "Fine" she answers inarticulately, returning to her breakfast when the euphoric look on Jean's face sickens her eyesight.

"Good, whenever you are ready, tell me" He says patiently.

Mikasa huffs dramatically. "You were going to wait on me regardless" she spoke with a threatening hint of malice seeping in.

Jean chuckles at the expected response and retires back into Armin's living room to watch the show that had been playing that morning.

Mikasa watches as Jean leaves and reverts her eyes at her unfinished plate. She was still contemplating whether or not she should actually go.

She didn't feel like doing anything involving physical activity. The mere thought of walking around was tiring and she was only sitting down.

But then when Eren came to mind, the neurons in her body would short circuit and explode. What they had was no more and he obviously didn't want to go further than friends.

Mikasa tried to not push the blame on him. She knew she had to take the consequences of breaking up with him. But Eren had urges. The guy was known as a player in high school. Who knows, maybe the fear of him cheating on her was the exact reason why she broke things off between them.

Right. She had some fault in the reason they aren't together now but did he really have to go far as to not stay in contact with her? It was still infuriating to think about.

And what was worst is thinking about that fiance of his she wasn't personally a fan of.

Mikasa scoffs. "I can have fun without him. It's only so long I am staying here anyway"

She finishes her food, deciding she would just spend a day with Jean and see how it goes. After putting her plate up, Mikasa walks into the room given to her by Armin and browses her clothes. She packed as much as she could take, but it wasn't a lot to go on.

Picking out a few of her favorites, Mikasa switches up her outfits to see what she thought would look good together. The ones she thought were eye catching ended up outlining her true desperate state.

She didn't know why she was trying hard to look good. In this mood Mikasa would particularly dress in baggy clothes and call it a day.

But today she felt like she had to outdo herself. Broadcast in a new life to make others depict her lifestyle wasn't as crappy as some old, rural, deserted town.