Help Wanted Fast

I needed to get help as quickly as possible. I didn't want to teleport to Genevieve and leave Marva alone. I would have to do something else I'd never tried before; reach across space to contact her with my spirit voice. It should be possible. I let the room fade and called out to the Necromancer. After a moment, I knew she heard me.

"Genevieve, the Blood Mage is here," I said. "Get to your house as fast as you can."

I returned my attention to the living room. My former partner studied Marva as if she were a puzzle. He smiled.

"Tell me true, Witch, do you know who killed your sister?" He asked.

"Not exactly. Why do you know who it was?" Marva asked.

"Do you think Blood Mages hang out together? It's more the opposite. You don't get two of us in one place without bloodshed. I did read about the so-called vampire murders with interest. Whoever perpetrated the crimes was rather sloppy. I wasn't impressed with their work."

"I imagine that's true most of the time for you; someone who's lived centuries."

"You're being awfully calm. Do you think they're going to come and save you?"

She smiled. "You did say you wouldn't kill me right away. I know that you want to kill as many of us together as you can. It will give you the power you need."

"No, there's something else. What's really going on? Tell me, by the rowan you must.."

I could see Marva straining against the compulsion. I didn't want her harmed at all so I gather my energy and manifested next to Sanders aka Knox.

"No need to get testy, old friend," I said. "Marva feels confident because I'm here for her."

Knox said, "Nicholas Rossi, imagine seeing you here. I wondered when we would meet again. You look pretty good for a dead guy."

"No thanks to you, Sanders, or I guess you go by Knox now. You don't seem all that surprised that I'm here. "

"Once I put together the fact that Lily was a seer and you being a Necromancer, I knew your spirit might be hanging around."

"Yeah, thanks to your Lily went to the other side when we found out you were the murdered. I got stuck here until I help catch you."

"I'm afraid you're going to be here for quite some time. I don't plan to get caught any time soon."

I snorted. "No criminal plans on being caught. You can't go on killing people forever."

"I'm not sure what you plan to do about things. Ghosts aren't known for stopping people."

I focused my energy on the twig of rowan he held in his right hand. It flew away and Marva sagged. Moving things was never easy and I'd used most of my energy sharing Susanna's death. Knox looked at his hand an laughed.

"Very impressive, but you'll have to do better than that."