Who's Right

Knox didn't care about these "Druids" Timothy claimed were real. The idea that a bunch of young people with Blood Magic were talking to each other over computers, that was fascinating. The boy seemed to think they were safe from him, but there was surely a way to find them. Also what was this about Blood Magic being used to access a computer site? That was impossible as far as he knew.

"What is this you say about getting to a website with Magic. I've never heard of that before," he said.

Timothy smiled. "I'm not surprised that got your attention. It has to do with altering the perception of caster, not changing technology. In order to gain entrance to the group's website, you have to be able to see a color that isn't normally visible to humans. The small bit of Magic allows you to do this."

"Who created this trick?"

"One of the group's members. He's much better with technology than Magic, but he figured it out. I have to tell you that if you manage to kill me and the others, my friends will come after you. I've told them everything I know."

"But you haven't told your new friends about this group or you parents, have you?"

"Right, now is when you show me how observant centuries of living has made you. My dad means well, but he is afraid of Blood Magic, and my mom is totally clueless. As for my new friends, as you call them, I'm not ready to share all my secrets with them. I don't really want to let an FBI agent know that there are a bunch of young people practicing Blood Magic without any sort of license. If things go well, I'm hoping my assistance will help my group get some official standing."

"I would say that I'm sorry to ruin all your plans, but that would be false. You aren't going to survive this. None of you will."

"I hope you're wrong about that, but if I'm not, you should watch your back. My group is doing research on you as we speak. You may have eluded the authorities for centuries, but things have changed. You'd be surprised at what my friends can do."

Knox stood up. "As much as I've enjoyed speaking with you, I have to get back to Father Serrano before I lose my control over him and since I can't control you, we'll have to do this the old fashioned way."

He grabbed a bottle of chloroform and covered a cloth in the chemical. He covered the boy's mouth and Timothy was out quite quickly. Knox had lingered much longer than he'd planned with the youngster. He would have to drive less cautiously then he would have liked to the hotel. The good father might start resisting his control before he arrived, but what could a man in his eighties do in a short time. It shouldn't be a problem.