Stolen Moments

Knox thought about the ways to steal the young Blood Mage, Timothy. He had the Seattle Police Uniform. The people at the boy's school would trust him, but the question was had the prey he was chasing warned them? Timothy was the only Blood Mage of any lineage that lived in or near Seattle. He was young and full of potential.

Knox almost wished that he could take the boy under his wing. He no longer had the desire for a partner to love, but a student was tempting. Even he couldn't live forever. There were many secrets he could teach. His work needed to be continued. Father Serrano reminded him why he kept fighting. These days the people thought that supernaturals were just regular people. An Empath who was also a priest could corrupt so many innocents. This was foolish thinking. The boy was too old to learn the mission. His own lessons had started as soon as he could talk. What he needed was a child to teach.

For now he drove to the boy's school. It was the middle of the night, so there shouldn't be anyone there. It was a private school located in the Northwest of the city. The grounds were extensive and full of trees. If the expected him to take Timothy they might expect he would pose as law enforcement again. He shouldn't use the same method. He would watch the school in the day and find when the children were let out to play.

The next day he found they didn't have any security, must a couple of teachers watching to make sure the children didn't stray to far. Timothy was not there. The other children came out at ten, noon, and two. Since he was still wearing his police uniform, he decided to test their defenses. The woman in the main office looked up and smiled when she saw him.

"Can I help you, officer?" she asked.

He flashed her his false badge. "I am here to speak with Timothy Goodman. He was witness to a crime last weekend."

"Oh my. What happened?"

"Nothing serious, he saw some older boys spray painting graffiti. We want to get descriptions from him."

"I assume you would need permission from his parents. Why are you coming to talk to him here at school?"

The woman was more shrewd then he had thought. "Of course, but they suggested it would be less frightening to talk to me at school rather than home."

She frowned. "I see. Well, perhaps they forgot to tell you he's not here today. Perhaps you should contact them again."

"Thanks, I will. Have a good day, Mam." He offered her his hand.

When she shook it he used a pin to prick one of her fingers. When he got back to his car, he used the small amount of blood to erase her memory of him and their interaction. He had the information he needed.