22

"Ah, I'm so excited for you!"

I chuckle again as I took a sip of my coffee.
It was soon my phone vibrated and it was a message from Adrien.

'Hey, you still w Alya?'
'Yeah, you need something?'
'You.'
I shake my head with a chuckle, Alya smirking, "...is it your man?"
I nod and she sighs, "I'll probably die before you tell me who it is..."

I bite the inside of my cheek and sigh.
It's only been a few months now knowing Adrien was Chat Noir, and I was still stalling to tell our friends we are together.
Adrien would suggest we say something over dinner or just tell them...
But I wasn't ready for some reason.

"...I do want to tell you, believe me...he hates that we aren't public yet. But I promise I'll tell you soon. I just want to find the right moment..."
"...Is he...Chat Noir?"

I jump, "W-what? No! No, he-he's-"
She starts to laugh and shook her head, "Girl I'm just playing. Take your time, is ok."
My heart raced until I calmed down and shook my head with a soft smile, my phone then buzzes again.

'When will you be done? I want to see you, I'm going blind from these cameras all up my face.'
I smile once again, 'Almost done, I'll see you in a sec.'

I then turn to Alya, asking how Nino was, "he's playing with his instruments instead of playing with me."
I then flush with a laugh, and she joins.
"Oh my...Well, what are you gonna do about that?"
She then finishes her drink as her phone now buzzed with a call, "Speak of the devil...Hello? yeah...Oh really? Damn, not even a nice dinner first? Haha..."
I snicker as I knew what they were talking about, soon he wrapped it up.

"Alright, I'm on my way...My man needs me, I'm that man's Nyquil."
My stomach was hurting from her little comments but we soon said our goodbyes.

"Here I'll try again..."
Alya cups my trembling hand and goes to her phone to ring up Adrien once again.

I hold in a sob as I think about something horrible that could've happened to him, he had been MIA all night.
It wasn't like him anyway, as busy as he gets, he'd always send me a message or call me.
He was supposed to come over tonight, but he didn't show up...
I even transformed to head over to his house to see if he was alright after not texting me back in the morning, and nothing.

I tried my best to hold in how distressed I was, at least to not show too much to Nino and Alya how much this was clearly affecting me.
"...Went straight to voicemail again...Fuck, didn't you say you spoke with him yesterday?"
Alya asked Nino, he nodded as he clenched his fists.
"Yeah, he said we should all meet up for Saturday..."

...It was the date night we were going to tell them we are together.

"... I'm...I'm sure he has a good reason for this...You guys keep trying,"
I was starting to get up, collecting my purse and jacket, I've to stop by work for my paycheck...Call me if anything?"
They nod and I head over to open the front door, Alya hugs me goodbye as I walked out.
Slipping into an alleyway, I transform and head back to his house one last time.

As I held onto his tall windows, peeking through...I found his bed still not touched.
My heart throbbed and I knew something was going on.
I sob as I only think of the worst.
Deciding to just leave, I swing my yo-yo away and almost tripped on my feet from how blurry my vision was getting.

"...Amour!"
I turn my neck and find Chat rushing towards me, his arms now embracing me tight, I let out the longing sob I had deep inside.
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry-"
"Wh...Are you okay? What's happened? Are you hurt?"
I pull away and check every spot on him, but nothing...All I could find was his red eyes...