10

I hear a tiny thump, already feeling my heart racing, assuming it is my dad, I jump up on my bed to only find Chat.
My homework papers crumble and fall down my bed as I try to collect them.

"You fell asleep again..."
I sigh, putting some papers into my folder and trying to find the time, but my phone died.

"...I forgot you were coming over again."
He chuckles, helping pick up papers from the floor.
Holding my breath when I heard my dad and his friend laugh about something on TV.

"Maybe next time I'll come over. But early."
I shrug, finding him sitting on the edge of my bed.
"It's alright, we can still hang...Wanna go out?"
"You're falling asleep, I'll leave you to rest...hey?"

His hand suddenly came to grab my arm, finding him examining it. I then pull it back, now realizing what he was looking at, "...What happened there?"
"I just burnt myself."
My heart raced again, he eyed me, trying to make me uncomfortable to spit something out.

"...Looks recent..."
I shrug, "it's healing...So, do you want to go out or not?"
I sit up straight, waiting for him to say something else.

"...You have them everywhere."
He then jumps off the bed and comes closer to me, lifting my arms.
My skin suddenly burned as he touched around but I pull away slowly and stay quiet.
"Marinette..."

"I'm fine...now please answer me."
Before he could, I heard heavy footsteps outside my door.
Chats cat ears perk up and he listens as well, "Marinette! I'm...I'm goin' out for a while...you get me some 12 packs while I'm gone!"
And with that I heard him shut the door.

I sigh in relief he was gone and focus back on Chat.
He looked pissed.

"...May we go?"
His eyes go soft then after I spoke, he sighs.

"So, turns out nobody really went to Lila's party..."
"Thank god...that'll check her," Nino adds as he laughed it up with Alya.

I try not to gag while I kept chewing my food, turning to find Adrien coming towards us by the fence, "hey..."
"Hey man,"
I smile at him, turning back to eat away.
"So ya'll have any plans for break?"

I shake my head.
"What about New Year?"
"I work."
"Why is your job open on a holiday?!"
Alya shouts and Nino laughs, Adrien now looking at me seriously.

"My boss says they let people celebrate in there and serve coffee shots."
"...That actually sounds yummy."

I snicker a little, finding Adrien still quiet.
"Well, I'll see you all on New Year...Have a good break, stay safe and warm..."
Alya hugs me and I hesitate to give her one back but do.
Then waving bye to the boys, Adrien gave me tight smile as I head home.

"...Merry Christmas..."
I jump, turning to find Chat in my room, shutting my window.
A hand behind his back, "...Merry...Christmas...what's that?"
I chuckle softly and walk towards him.
He chuckles, showing me it was a present.
"...Your present..."
"Chat..."
"What?"
"...Why?"
"Because..."

I give a cheeky smile, motioning for me to take it.
I hesitate but do, and tells me to open it.
"...This...isn't a-"
"No...No, it's a...a promise ring."

I eye the ring and look back at him in shock, "...what?"
He chuckles again and touches my hands that carried the tiny box with the ring, "...Try it on."
"But...aren't promise rings...I mean...it's meant for-"

He then takes the ring out, collects my hand, and about to put the ring on, "...It isn't always made for couples..."
"Chat...are you...trying to tell me something-"

I then find his cat ears perk up and his tail stiffens, "Mare, you mean a lot to me...I got this ring for you because...well, firstly...it looks beautiful on you,"

He then eyes the ring, now on my finger and I suddenly go still, holding my breath and feeling my cheeks flush.

"But also, I won't lie to you...I've grown very found of you..."
My hand trembles lightly in his, ",but that conversation's for another time...For today, you admire the ring, tell me how pretty it is...then I tell you that it does and that you look pretty in anything anyways. Then you get all flustered with me and we share hot chocolate and eat sweets till you fall asleep on my shoulder..."

"...Okay..."