11

"So, Mare we still up to meet at your job for New Year?"

I nod, then shake my head as I knew they couldn't see me through a call, "uh, yeah...We open around 6 to start."
"Ok, cool!"

Suddenly finding Adrien connect to the call, "...Adrien, man! Took you forever."
"Sorry, fencing...what's up."
"Talking about going to Mare's work to celebrate New Year."
It went silent until NIno asked if he could go, "...Yeah."
"...Did you ask or..?"
"My dad doesn't give a fuck. Plus, I don't need him to tell me what to do. I'm an Adult."

"You just turned 18...2 weeks ago."
We all laugh and Adrien sighs with a small chuckle.
"Finally, anyways, I'll be there don't worry..."

"...Hey before you come home tonight, bring me another 12-pack, they're on sale because of this fucking holiday."
I only fix my jacket, nodding, and soon head to work.

As I walked, I find people already drinking out in the streets, some singing and others heading out to celebrate.
"...You thought I'd let you walk to work alone again?"
I groan playfully, finding Chat now in front of me, dragging me into an alleyway.

"...It isn't far-"
"You always say that...but I don't care...Still, unsafe, come on."
I chuckle as he then lifted me up and we headed to the bakery, finding many already lining up to order.

"Woah, it is gonna get packed in there..."
"Yup..."
"Why did you wanna work today?"
He lands and I get on my feet, "I need the hours...I'm ok with it."
I was only ok with it because I could get away from my dad, and also get more money.

"You should've gotten the day off, so you'd be with me..."
I suddenly heard him purr deeply, his hands now wrapping around my waist and finding his nose poking my cheek, I flush and smile stupidly.
"Haha, maybe next time...I'm sorry."

He steps back a little and he shakes his head, "no, it's alright...I'll see you in a few hours though...Come out after it hits 12...Here, meet me here."
I tilt my head, "...here? Why not my house?"
"...I'm taking you home..."
"Alright, alright..."

His clawed fingers came to twirl my hair, "have a good shift, then."

"Ah, shit! It's almost time!"
Alya shouts, I giggle as I find her already a little drunk.
Nino grabbed her close while they eyed the TV screen, live from New York for the ball to drop.

Adrien sipping away on his own coffee shot while I helped one more customer with an order, now making my way next to them to count down, finding it already hitting 30...I collect my things quickly, getting ready for Chat.

"25...24...23..."
I chuckle as I sat next to my friends, feelings some eyes on me...I turn and find them to be Adrien's.
"...20...19..."
I count with him and find Adrien serving me a shot, I hesitate to take it, looking back to see if my boss would find me taking it, but she was nowhere in sight...

So I took it, and clink it with him, Nino and Alya as it hit 1.
Chugging it down, I cringe at the taste but shout with the others and we all share a group hug.

As the crowd chilled down, I clock out and say my goodbyes.
"Aw, why are you leaving now!" Alya whined, Nino, dragged her to his car while he tried to make her stand straight.
"Let's go to my place, my parents won't mind it!"

"It's alright, I've...gotta check on my dad anyway."
She gave me a pout but nodded and weakly waved us goodbye, Nino helping her get in the car.

"Ok...bye...Bye! I love y'all!"
"Get home safe!"
Adrien shouts, I smile and wave goodbye, "yeah yeah, I'll send a text to let y'all know. bye!"
And they drove off, leaving me and Adrien.

I weirdly stand there in silence until I break it, "...I should get going...Happy New Year, Adrien, get home safe..."
I give him a small nod and head towards the alleyway before he could say anything else to me.

As I made my way to the alleyway, the minute I turn back around to see if Adrien was following or watching me, I bump into something.
Or rather someone.

"Oof! Ah...Well, that was fast-"
"Happy New Year..."
He grabs me and places a kiss on my cheek, not having time to register it, and we jump off.

Grabbing him tightly he chuckled.
Soon landing atop the Eiffel Tower...

"...Wait...why are we here?"
"I wanted to have a moment with you...just for a minute."
I shiver but only smile, "...and I'll say it again...it's beautiful on you..."
He hinted at the promise ring, lifting my hand up and finding its diamonds sparkle.
I nod, "it is...thank you again..."
He stayed silent for a while till, "...Mare..."

I hum, feeling as his fingers now massaged softly on my knuckles and play with the ring.
He goes silent again and I start to worry, looking him in the eye,
"are you alright? Is something wrong?"

"Just...trying to find the perfect way to say this..."
"What...what do you mean? Talk to me, you know you can talk to me..."
I wrap my fingers around his hands this time and I felt him tense up, his eyes go shut and I hear him intake a breath.

My body started to slowly get warm when he opened his eyes and the look he gave was sending chills.
...And i felt his weight come closer to me, my body froze and the hairs on me went up.

My heart raced as his face was now inching closer, the coldness felt warm and the feel of his lips were now on mine.

We shared the softest kiss, it almost felt like and electric shock, when he backs away to look me in the eye again...
And I close the space deepening the kiss.

Having little to no experience on kissing someone, it felt like I knew exactly what I was doing.
My hand went around his neck, pulling him more down to me, my tippy toes helping.

His hands wrapped around my waist while squeezing me a little tight.

We soon break away to catch our breaths when I pull away a little, making him stop before he could kiss me again,
"Wait...wait..."
I giggle and he only watched, questioning what had happened.
"Did I upset you?"
"N-no...I uh..."
My hands leave his neck and I smile at him sheepishly.

"...Sorry, I've made it uncomfortable now-"
"You didn't..."
I look down, feeling those butterflies in my stomach when his eyes were still searching my face, "...I just remembered I needed to get some drinks for my dad...He'll be wondering where I am too..."
"...Will he though?"

"He may be drunk all the time but...He surprisingly remembers stuff that's important to him..."
He nods...now slapping myself internally when I've realized I changed this about us and into my dad.
"...Hey,"
I shuffle into my bag, pulling out 2 shots of the coffee and handing one to him.

"My job was serving these shots...and I got us one..."
He takes it and finally smiles.
I smile as well and we clink the bottles together after taking off the safety lid, "...Happy New Year..."
We take the shot and I once again cringe, finding his face normal.
"Strong for you?'
"...I don't drink like this..."

I chuckle weakly and he shakes his head, "thank you...shall I take you home?"
I collect his shot glass and nod, his arms grabbing me and heading to my house.

"But, could you stop at the liquor store? Please?"
I heard him sigh but he nods, quickly finding someone to get it for me and soon leaving with the pack.

"Ok, Little Lady..."
We land at the entrance, I turn to him and felt the urge to hold him again, "...thank you."
I smile and he only eyes me, "I hope I didn't ruin the night..."
I collect his hand, giving it a small squeeze, "you didn't."

I now sensed his body closing the space between us, and before he could do anything, I heard my dad shouting,
"...Son of a bitch!"

He backed away and I sigh, "... come over tomorrow?"
He twirls a piece of my hair, "...Sure. Rest well, Little Lady."
And with that I unlock my door, Chat leaving and meet my dad face to face.

"The fuck took you so long!?"