2

"Hey."

I jump up, turning to find him now back.
"It's all taken care of...You sure you're alright?"
I guess he noticed my trembling but I only nod and clear my throat, " yes, I'm fine...just hurt my ankle but I will be fine..."

He then nods and asked, "...I found your bag, your friends were holding on to them hoping you were alright. Told them I'd return them and I'd take you home."
He then handed me my bag, thanking him.
"Are...are they alright?"

"Yes...now, let me take you home. Where do you live?"
He then extends his hand and hesitate to give it to him, "...Don't worry, I won't bite..."

He smirks at me and I only felt more nervous.

I then give him my hand, and he placed it on his shoulder as he then picked me up, he jumps up on top of the school and asked me once again where I live, "you can just leave me in that alleyway..."
He didn't argue with me and only headed that way.

I take in the heights he'd jump to and admire it till it was over, finding us now in the alleyway, "here you are..."
As I thank him again he smiles.
"...Yeah, stay safe little lady."

He then jumped off, still stuck in the same spot, I knock out of the daze and start walking home.

I never knew there was a hero in Paris...
How come I've never heard of him on the news in China?
Or when I came over with my dad, he wasn't around.
He must be new...

I pull out my phone, now on its 10%, I quickly search up 'black cat superhero.'
And it immediately showed me a picture of him, and his name was Chat Noir.
I scroll down more and find many interviews, news articles, and more pictures.

Clicking on a news article, I read about how he first showed up, basically when Chat appeared.
And how everyone seemed to treat him like a God, praising him for his kindness and helping the city in harm's way.
I then freeze when I read that, 'in his presence, it is respectful to call him The Great Chat. And if ever saved by him, you must bow down, touch his boot, and thank him for saving your life.'

It sounded something religious, and now regretting to live with my dad and go back to China.
Seemed like this city got so grateful and soft towards their savior...even though cops exist.
But what I just went through, how can cops even control that?
I guess I see now how they appreciate him so much... 

I then sigh as I finally made it home...
Now anxious to see what my dad could be doing...

As I unlock the door, beer cans are scattered around and the stench of smoke hit my nose.
As I closed the door, I find my dad on the couch watching TV.
I didn't know if I wanted to make a noise or indicate anyway I was home...but I guess I did when I tripped on some glass beer bottles.

"...Marinette! Hey!"
He turned his neck around and I stand still...
"Hello..."
"How was school?"
"Good."

I then rush away, 5 steps away from my room, I open it but go pale when he beat me to it miraculously.
"Hey...why you rushing..?"
He slammed my door before I could open it, I didn't want to look him in the eye...but since I didn't respond, he collected my jaw and gritted, "answer me!"

I shook and grunted in pain, his grip now tightening I try nodding my head, "..N...Nothing!"
"...You're always fucking lying to me..!"
His arms now grab my shoulders, slamming me down to the ground as I cry out.

"Ungrateful shit! You answer me with respect when you come home! Always!"
He shakes me violently as I now begin to cry, "you hear me?!"
I try nodding as he slammed me against the floor again, "did you?"
"Yes!"
He loosens his grip on me and I sniffle, throwing in pain, "yes...I'm sorry, dad...I'm sorry."

He then huffed as he got off me, trying to catch my breath and massage my head, he heads to the fridge grabbed another beer, and headed back to the couch.

I choke on my tears, "shut the hell up...You're not bleeding. Now go in your room, I don't wanna hear you crying. I'm watching TV."

I awake with a headache, stretching cautiously and heading to my washroom to fix up when I heard my door open, "...I need you to find a job..."
He eyes me as I was at the moment putting on some pants.
I quickly push them up and look at him, my breathing also quickening.

"I got laid off...And there are bills to pay...So go now."
"I have school-"
"Are you going to argue with me?"
He then stepped closer to me but I striaghten up, backing away, "...no."
"Don't make me beat the shit out of you again...Now go!"

"Ok..."
He glares and soon left me to be.
I wanted to cry again but suck it up and just head out to find a job.
The only job I ever had was helping my mom in China steal wallets and pills.

Applying everywhere, I end up at a bakery last, the moment I walked in the fresh smell of sweet bread and hot coffee was relaxing.
I walk up to the register asking if they were hiring, the employee went to the back as she shouted out for another woman.

"Hello."
"Hi, I was curious to know if you guys are hiring?"
"Yes dear, we actually are in desperate need of someone to multitask...You think you can interview today?"
"Uh, yeah...Yes!"
"Great, come on then..."

She headed me towards the back, opening a tiny office and telling me to sit.
"So, honestly just tell me about your work experience. You in school?"
"...Honestly, this would be my first job. I mean, I did help sell some clothing in China with my mother..."
"Oh, really? Cool...so you lived over there?"
"For a few years, I came back to visit my father..."

"Ok...nice. Ok, then...I'll tell you about the shop, give you a tour and how things work around here, then you can get started on your paper work."
"...Thank you."