1

Marinette

I shiver as I only hug myself much tighter, walking up the stairs into the school.

I shuffle out my schedule from my pocket and only freeze in my spot as I try to figure out where I'm supposed to go next.
In China, you only had one class for everything.
But since I'm staying with my dad this year, after living with my mom for 4, I knew I'd be nervous to live here in France.

Now viewing what was in front of me, everyone seemed to be in their own world.

I try searching for any staff member till I got pushed from behind, "yo...what the fuck? Get out of the way...haha."
A group of boys then walked past me as they laughed.

My face flushes in embarrassment and walk away, anywhere.
I then heard I'm guessing, the first bell.
I start to panic as I still couldn't find a damn teacher around.
Till I heard some girls talk about a science class, I follow them.

I enter the class, finding that it was where I'm supposed to be.
I hesitate to sit, finding they aren't assigned and everyone was sitting wherever they pleased.
Heading the front row, since everyone won me from getting the back, I find a girl with dyed orange and brown hair.
Fixing her glasses as she only smiled at me, assuming her boyfriend, started to tease her next to her.

The teacher then greets herself, talking about the course and such when suddenly the bell hits in less than an hour.
I find everyone already packing and heading out, confused as to why class finished this early.

I only collect the papers the teacher gave out about grades and stuff when the ornage-haired girl talked to me, "...you're new?"

She picked her bookbag up, her boyfriend chatting up with some of his friends from the back of the class.
"Uh, yes."
"Alya...over there is my man, but, what class you got next?"
She chuckles and I nod, "Marinette...er, I'm not sure."
I shuffle out the schedule again and she insists on looking at it.

"Let me...hm, oh. Okay...come, I'll give you a quick tour and walk you to class."
"Thank you."
We soon head out and she began touring me around.
Her boyfriend soon catches up with us and we finally stop in front of my class.
"Well, here it is...hey maybe after here, I'll come to get you so we can have lunch?"

As the warning bell hit, I nod, "ok, yeah..."
"Cool, I'll see you later."
They then leave and I head in, feeling a little less lost.

As I find an open seat next to the window, I noticed another huge building next door.

I was completely focused on looking out that I didn't hear the teacher speak at all.
What I was looking at though were students...in uniform...
It seemed to be another school, there were some kids playing sports and others chatting.

By the looks of it, it was probably a private school.

As I go back to the teacher though, it wasn't then that the bell rang once more and Alya came to get me.

"So, you wanna eat out or in?"
"Uh, it doesn't matter-"
"Alya, we always eat out..." Nino then adds, he smirked at us and Alya scoffs, "yeah but I'm just asking...Nino loves to go out because he gets to talk to his bestie."

Nino then side-eyes her as she giggles, and I only smile.

As we got lunch though, I was grateful to have found some bucks in my pocket.
I just couldn't get the drink.

Alya then guides me out, opening the doors, I find a huge patio with students sitting, eating, chatting, and playing.
"It's huge."
"Yeah...but we don't sit over here...it's over there we do..."
She then hints to her right side, and I squint my eyes to find a lonely table hidden...where there was a barbed fence that separated us from the other school.

As we walked over, Nino and Alya began to eat.
"Where's he at?" Nino shakes his head and Alya says to me, "...I don't know...Anyways, we sit here 'cause it's the only time we can talk with the Privates."

"Privates?"
"It's the school next door, Nino made a friend over there and the only time he can 'hang' with him is here during lunchtime."
I then nod in understanding, "damn, we hang outside of school..."
Alya scoffs at him and says, "when? The last time y'all hung out was when he helped us sneak into his house...2 years ago."
She then turns to me and says, "his dad won't let him hang out or do shit, that's why. His father is a well-known designer and -"

She got cut off by some girls giggling.
We turn to find them walking close to the fence.

"Hey, scholars. How are ya?"
My heart dropped as I find her now against the fence.

"Go away Lila, I'm trying to eat."
Alya then continues to eat her sandwich as I only stare in shock.
I was trying to control my breathing when I finally catch her eyes on me.

"Oy...Don't I know you..?"
She flips her hair and her friends chuckle as they smirk at me, Alya noticed me go stiff, Nino eyeing me and then her.
"...Lila, fuck off."

She only smiles as she then turns around to walk off.
"You good?"
I only nod at her, she softly comforts me with a shoulder rub but my hairs go back up when I heard them shriek as I now find them running...finding a big boulder almost crushing them.

We all turn our necks and fins the rest of our school and theirs run off to safety.
Big rocks and dirt fly in the sky as they almost take out half the students.

"Holy shit!"
"Run! Come on!"
Alya and Nino shout, as they collected their stuff, Alya grabs my wrist and tries to pull me away from the danger.

As we try getting out, another boulder came crashing down toward us, making me jump away from Alya.
Nino quickly grabs her as she shouts for me, I try to follow but find I injured my ankle and cry out in pain.

I try scooting away, anything I could do when I suddenly find the sun being covered from me, looking up...a boulder was coming down fast on me.
I didn't know what to think, I just froze...

Only watching it come down...I hear Alya shouting my name through the glass, but...

I suddenly felt someone collect me, dragging me away as we then jumped off into the air.

Landing back on the ground, I tremble in shock and fear, now looking up at my savior.

"You alright?"
I only nod...finding this man that saved me in a black catsuit.
"Ok...here, don't move. I'll be back."

He gets me to my feet and he only smiles as he jumps off.
I only suck in all that I went through as I sit on the pavement...trembling in horror and hearing bombs now, other boulders going off and falling hard to the ground.

Waiting till he said he'd come back.

__________________________

Don't forget to vote and comment 🖤