6

As I was about to clock out, I wave my boss goodbye, "be careful! Goodnight!"
I only smile and head home.
Ever since the incident a week or so ago, I've tried my best to distract myself. Get over it...but, It was hard, especially since I was almost gutted to death.

I had left the hospital after Chat gave me that rose and hand kiss, heading to my job and explaining myself...but finding out Chat had already told them it was a family emergency and that she understood.

I only went through with it and thanked her for not firing me.

The next day, slipping out quietly to not wake my dad on the couch and head to school, Alya had asked if I wanted to hang out.

"I might work."
"I thought you were doing part-time."
"Well, I told her I really don't do anything on weekends, so I guess she put me for a whole day."
She groans and asked if I could request that day off.
I didn't know if I could anyways because of already missed a day because of Lila...
I only tell her that I'd let her know.

"Have a nice day..."

My manager then came out from the back and said, "your check comes in tomorrow. I know I keep saying this, but really, I'm impressed with you, Marinette."
She smiled as I thank her again.

"See you, have a nice night."
"You too, thanks."

As I collect my things and finally head home, I sigh in relief to find my dad's car out of sight.
Rushing in, I dumbly smile and hum a tone while I had the house to myself and take a shower.
Getting my pj's on, I head to my window finding it raining.

I smile once again in satisfaction when I turn my neck to head to my bed, a slam on my roof shook me.
I gasp and assumed it was a tree branch...now gasping when I heard my window being pounded on.
I hesitate to rush over, only finding a huge black block...till green eyes screamed for help and winced in pain.

Rushing over now, I open the door, telling him to climb over the fence and he did, falling to his knees on my floor, bleeding.
"Oh my gosh! Chat Noir! What happened?"
I then head to my washroom, bringing a towel to dry him off.

As I did though, I suddenly felt my breathing lose its pace...Since I now had blood on my hands, my pj's...I was about to hyperventilate when Chat's groaning knocked me out and I go back to focusing on him.

"...Why did you come here and not the hospital?"
He didn't answer as I so dangerously asked him.
I try looking around my house for anything to aid him, but I deeply knew we had nothing of the sort.
I then just decide to aid him with what I had, it looked like he got scratched, so for scratches, I  got alcohol to clean it and a cloth to clean around it. 
Thinking of also using it to warp it.

"Ah...I only have to clean it, for now, I'll wrap it around with this too...Till then, you need to go to the hospital for a better check and healing."
As I explained to him, I got on my knees to sit in front of him, motioning for him to give me his arm that had cuts, then finding his upper chest with another cut and his leg meeting his hip with one too.

He hissed as I cleaned it off, but he only nods his head, accepting it and I continue.
I eye the areas after finishing, the rain stopping suddenly, and a nod to him, "...I've done all I can..."
"Thank you..."
He smiled at me and I only stiffen, clearing my throat and scooting away.

"...Sorry for the inconvenience, I was in the neighborhood, and my going to the hospital would've driven the paparazzi insane and I would've died from them asking me too many questions instead of aiding me."

I now nod, and he opens his mouth again, " How are your wounds?"
"...Better, thank you."
I then collect my writs, massaging them as I find some marks still there...
"...Was she charged..?"
He stayed silent but sighed, "...unfortunately no...like always, there's never enough evidence..."

My heart dropped and felt so sick.
"I immediately took you to the hospital after finding you...They ran like hell...I did come back though, notifying the police...but nothing was there...not even your blood."

I wanted to vomit but shake my head and wave my hand to stop him, "ok..."
He gave me sad smile, going back into silence, "...just make sure you get those checked soon... they will get infected and you might get into more pain...If you have any petroleum jelly to put it on, it'll also help-"
"You know so much about this..."
I shut up and find him staring at me curiously, "...wanna be a nurse?"
"No...I just...study a lot."

I couldn't let him know that I grew up knowing how to heal bruises, cuts, slaps, punches, kicks, and more...
But also, the internet is free.

He shakes his head with a small chuckle and soon heard a car coming to a stop, "...Er, you need to go...Here let me help,"
I soon got up, helping him get to his feet as he questioned why he had to leave so soon.
"My dad is home...here, please go to a hospital-"
"I promise, I promise...Thanks, Little Lady."
He then twirled around to look at me one last time as I helped him go over my fence, kissing the corners of my lips on both sides.