21 - We Fail Horribly

;you;

  Now don't get me wrong. I was delighted Clarisse came back today. I just don't think other people liked the idea. It had been 3 days since Luke left and the group was already back together.

  People didn't like us as a group because they knew that our parents wouldn't be the best teammates.

  War, Pranks, Wine (though Kool Aid is enough for me), and Love.

  People were scared of the pranks we would pull. Oh, I couldn't wait for Luke to be home. We could add Thieves. He was one of the best theives I knew. Better than the Stolls.

  Conner held my hand in a friendly gesture as we walked toward our hideaway in the woods. Clarisse and Silena followed behind us.

  But, I knew the warmth of Conner's hand would drift away soon. Sooner than I expected it

  Clarisse burst in between the both of us, our hands breaking apart. "So, I heard that Luke's coming back soon? I can't wait. He's so good with a sword!"

  "I bet Y/n can't wait to figure out what else that boy's good with," Silena teased, winking at me.

  Conner rolled his eyes, a slight smirk on his face. "Actually, I need to ask you something, Silena," he said.

  "Yeah?"

  "Are you gonna ask your boyfriend to join our group?"

  "No way in Tartarus would I ever ask him to!"

  "But he could help is so much with our pranks!"

  "No! He has his own work to do."

  Me and Clarisse snickered at them.

  "You guys fight like an old couple," I commented.

  Conner rolled his eyes. "Let's just get to the cave, I have a prank that I want to plan."

  Silence between the group. I guess no response was better.

  "Can I help?" A masculine voice asked.

  We all turned around and saw the all famous Percy Jackson. He stood their in all his glory.

  "Go away, Punk! We don't need your help. Scram!" Clarisse spat.

  I held her shoulder. "Be nice, Clarisse. How about we pull our prank by the creek this time?" I suggested.

  Conner grinned like a psychopath and Silena giggled loudly, nodding.

  Clarisse sighed and crossed her arms, glaring daggers into Percy. This is gonna be so much fun!

---

  Percy was ready to splash ice cold water at anyone right now. Conner tied an almost-invisible trip wire that triggered a loose tree branch to break and a whole bucket of the most stainable Kool Aid created would fall onto the person. While they looked like lobsters, Clarisse would come out and kick the back of their knees, causing them to loose their balance and fall to the ground. Then, Silena would spray them with perfume. While she did that, Conner and me would cover him in glue and sparkles. And then, Percy would come in, splashing ice cold water on their heads so they would scream for their mommy's.

  We waited for about 2 minutes after we started yelling "HELP! PLEASE HELP!"

  A leaf crunched before our trap. I had my bucket of sparkles ready. Then, it happened.

  The trip wire went off. I heard the tree branch crack. Before I knew it, a bucket hit the floor after a splash.

  Clarisse ran out and was about to kick them but she didn't. I put my bucket to the ground and ran over to the trap.

  A tall shadow had Clarisse's wrists in a tight grip as she struggled to get them out.

  I looked to Percy and he nodded. A big wave splashed onto their faces.

  "PERCY!" Clarisse yelled in fury.

  The tall figure was lying in the grass away from Clarisse. I put a foot on their stomach.

  "Who are you?" I asked loudly.

  The guy groaned. "That's one way to greet me, Y/n."

  I realized who it was from the voice. Jordan.

  "What are you even doing here, Jordan. If someone was in danger, I wouldn't expect you to be sent out."

He chuckled. "Just cause I'm an Aphrodite boy, doesn't mean I can't help anyone."

  I rolled my eyes and grabbed Jordan's hand, helping him up on his feet.

  The others groaned in failure and Conner took them back to our hideaway.

  Me and Jordan stood there, alone. He stared into my eyes. His chocolaty brown eyes seemed to put me into a trance.

  I can't be falling for him. This is a trick. I wanted to push him away but he put his hands on my waist and smashed his lips on mine.