°• T W E N T Y - O N E •°

•••

"Dam-Damnit!"

A violent cough escaped her throat and Lucy felt a warm liquid seep through the gap of her fingers, the crimson drops decorating the ground below.

Another fit of violent coughs had her down on her knees, as Lucy clutched to the trunk of a tree for dear support.

Why'd she do that?!

She told him. She screamed it at him. Her secret. Her identity. Her everything.

Tears pooled in her eyes, while Lucy tried to stifle a sob. The coughs were suffocating her, her chest was tight, her heart heavy from the weight of the sin she had committed.

She hurt him.

And she knew the consequences.

The forest around was flickering in and out of focus. Why was her head so heavy? It was pounding, everything around a haze.

"Lucy."

His deep voice was all that she heard before her body gave up and darkness engulfed her whole, leaving her trapped alone in her own web of sufferings.

•••

It hurt.

She didn't know where she was, what had happened, or what will.

All she knew was that it hurt. A lot.

In a frenzy, she tried to move around, her action of inhaling the dust getting shallower, and slower with every passing moment. However, wherever she was, whatever was keeping her down did not budge, and Lucy was threatened with the prospect of passing out yet again as every second of her struggle bore fruitless results.

"Wha-What happened here?"

She stopped moving, eyes wide in shock. A voice! And not just any voice. A familiar voice.

A grunt, and the sound of movement. Lucy listened, taking in every sound.

"I don't know.." the voice sounded so far away. Almost muffled. The ringing in her ears certainly didn't make things any better, but despite that, she had to listen. Had to know. Everything. "I don't remember.."

A moment's silence before a few more grunts and shoves were heard, and it appeared that the group of people were moving something heavy.

So many footsteps. A group of people. Group..team..guild..why was she here again?

"Natsu-san! Oh no!"

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

"He took quite the hit."

"I'll heal him. Hopefully he'll gain consciousness soon enough."

Group. Team.

"Natsu.."

"Don't worry tomcat! He will definitely be alright."

"Tsk. Flamebrain. Always getting in danger's way. When will he ever learn?"

Guild. A job. Natsu.

"Gray, stop trying to move, it'll hurt more."

"Just don't overexert yourself child."