°• E L E V E N •°

•••
I dedicate this chapter to Zodiac_Spirit who is an awesome Levy and reader
•••

Her pale, bandaged hand hovered over the door knob, rethinking her decision of ever coming here.

'C'mon Lucy! Don't be such a baby! You've got to do this! You can do this. You-I can't do it!'

Just as she was about to retrieve her hand, the events from earlier that day evaded her mind, as if reminding her that she needed to do it, no excuses allowed. So, sucking in a breath, with a frown on her face, Lucy twisted open the door knob and walked in, before she could even have the chance to chicken out again.

"Uh.."

"Lucy!"

The said woman squirmed nervously under the intent gaze of those pair of brown eyes, looking anywhere but them.

"Why do you look so nervous?" Wendy giggled, gazing at her with inviting eyes.

"How are you feeling now?"

"I've been better." she sighed, the smile never leaving her face. "But I've been worse so it's all good! Vera here has been really helpful."

Lucy smiled, walking over so she stood next to Wendy's side.

"She always is.." Lucy agreed, ruffling Vera's dirty blonde hair.

"Hey! Quit it!" she whined, trying to pry off Lucy's hand. "Besides Lucy is way better than me at this type of stuff."

Huffing a bit, she got up, dusting off her skirt. "I'll be going down now. Rest, okay Wendy? Coming Lucy?"

"Aah..No..I think I'll stay here a bit."

Vera scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion, but shrugged it off anyway. "Okay then!"

Shutting the door behind her, Vera stole one last glimpse inside the room before sighing, leaning against it. She didn't understand why Lucy denied. She had given the blonde woman a perfect alibi to leave with her and avoid the awkward conversation with the blue haired mage. Lucy always hated mingling with people. That was something she has had experienced firsthand. So why now?.. Why was it all different now?..

The sudden giggling coming from inside startled her and she frowned, attempting to shut it out. She still had trouble believing that Lucy was up and about, intermingling with complete strangers as if she had known them her entire life.

"Why the long face honey?"

Mari stopped arranging the flowers in the table vase, looking up to find her upset daughter.

"It's just..Ma?..Have..Have you observed any change in Lucy lately?"

The petite woman smiled, ultimately abandoning the task at hand.

"I have." she revealed. "She's been much more cheerful huh? Even towards the flirty customers." she laughed. "It's refreshing."

"Hmm.."

"Is something the matter sweetie?"

"No..it's just..I..I don't know.."

Mari sighed, moving over to stand in front of her daughter. Vera looked away, trying to keep the surfacing tears from showing. Mari smiled a little, caressing Vera's hair, untangling them with her fingers.