°• T W E L V E •°

•••
Dedicating this chapter to JSPisMe cause why not? ;)
•••

"I am coming with you."

"No."

"I'm coming with you!"

"No!"

"I said I'm coming with you!"

"And I said NO!"

"But I-"

"Why do you want to come with so badly anyway?" Wendy asked, exasperated.

"Ah will you two quit it already?" Gray complained, letting out an irritated sigh. "And Natsu, it's not like Lucy needs protecting. She took down that monster in the forest earlier. She'll be fine."

"I-what?"

"Oh?" Gray kept the flyer he was reading earlier down, leaning on the table, an amused expression on his face. "Isn't that why you want to go in the first place? Because of Lucy?"

"T-That's not it!"

"Liar." Gray was smug now.

"Hey you wanna go ice boy?!"

"Bring it on flame brain I ain't afraid!"

"Whatever he totally liiiikessssssss her~" Happy chimed, laughing gleefully.

"Not you too buddy!"

"Who would've thought a day like this with Natsu would come?"

"Okay that's it ice freak! Now you're asking for it!"

"Yeah okay ash breath!"

"Both of you stop this instant or I'm going to tell Erza!" Wendy yelled.

Just at the mention of her name, Gray and Natsu, who were headbutting moments ago froze, going rigid and moving away with scared expressions on their faces. Wendy sighed, flopping back down on the chair. Playing the part of the peacemaker was exhausting.

"Woah what's up with those two?"

The four heads turned to face Lucy who had just come in, wiping her hands off on her apron. Happy bounced up, flying over and flopping down on her shoulder.

"They remembered how terrifying Erza can be~" he laughed, munching on his fish.

"You ready?!" Wendy got up excitedly, straightening her dress.

"Yeah just let me try and fix this monsterosity up." she chuckled, pointing at her messy hairdo.

"Let me do that for you. Sit down 'kay?"

Wendy forced Lucy down on a chair and the blonde took a seat with the thump, while the sky maiden busied herself with fixing her hair. Lucy meanwhile looked around and about in the room, occasionally petting Happy who was now in her lap.

"Why the long face Natsu?"

The dragon slayer was sitting down with a sour expression, looking away.

"Oh he's okay! Just a bit upset that he can't tag along with me and you!"

"You wanted to?" Lucy asked and Natsu let out an audible sigh, looking forward to face her now.

"Yeah..kinda..maybe.."

"Why didn't you just say that before?"

"You'd let me tag along then?" Natsu asked, hopeful.