°• N I N T E E N •°

•••

Vera,

A disappointment.

A coward.

A bad, bad human being.

That is who Lucy Heartfilia truly is.

Knowing this, how could I possibly even think of giving myself another chance at happiness?

This spell wouldn't let me. Life wouldn't let me.

I wouldn't let me.

I didn't tell you the whole truth. I couldn't. I didn't have the courage to.

After all, it's the sole reason why I hate my very own existence.

The spell didn't just hurt me, Vera. If it did, life would've been so much easier. I might've been able to move on.

But since when has life been so easy?

I'm a walking catastrophe. Unstable. Dangerous.

I know I'll never get a chance.

Never get a home. Again.

Just know that I love you. And I'm truly thankful for everything you and Marie have ever done for me.

I know I've been distant and mean. But I did care. I really did. And because I care, it's prudent that I leave.

Thank you so much for giving me this home. Even if it was temporary. I'll forever cherish it in my heart.

Thank you so much Vera. Thank you so much for reminding me that there is hope and love for me after all.

Even if it was only short lived, but it was still there.

I'll miss you.

Love,

Lucy.

•••

The train's engine tooted, black smoke coming out of it as it moved towards it's destination. Gray watched the sceneries change from the window, sighing and then glancing at the two hopeless cases of dragon slayers.

"Pathetic." he mumbled, most of it directed towards Natsu. "Hey watch the shoes man!"

Natsu mumbled some unintelligent words, weakly showing Gray his balled fists. However, the latter just 'tch-ed' looking away again.

"You're on edge today Gray." Erza observed, looking sideways at him.

"Look around you Erza." Gray replied, staring back at her from his reflection in the window. "Everyone is."

"I can't believe that she would just vanish like that." Happy mumbled.

"Dammit!" Gray exclaimed, hitting the window with his fist in frustration. "We should've stayed and helped find her! For all we know she could've been in dan-"