FAILED ESPIONAGE MISSION

AFTER TERRIS LEFT WITH GABRIELLE, ALISTAIR MADE A BEELINE TO THE CLAMS

After waking up early to an entire day of flying, he was tired, and worse, cranky. Honestly, he couldn't care less about who he could potentially be sharing the clam with; he was too exhausted to deal with such trivial matters. So he slept.

Until he was interrupted by a kick to the guts, that was. Alistair grunted, instantly wide awake.

"Wake up, Alistair."

Even standing above him and looking like she was about to kick him again, Kia looked stunning as always. Her violet eyes twinkled with amusement, black hair tied up in a braid, as usual. Alistair held back a scowl, a voice in his head screeching about how Ashton Reeves managing to kiss her. Alistair knew he shouldn't be thinking that, but he couldn't help but be jealous of what they had. Why was he even thinking of that Ashton Reeves again?

Kia gave him another gentle kick to the side. "Get up, you big fat slug. I really don't want to drag you all the way to the dining hall by your feet."

How did she even know where the dining hall was? Maybe he'd fallen asleep and missed out on a tour of Dagat?

"I went exploring while you were asleep to get away from Celeste. This place is huge."

Alistair bobbed his head sleepily. He still didn't want to get up. Kia sighed, lending him a hand. "Seriously, get up, or you'll be a big fat sea slug instead."

The prince just grabbed her hand and pulled her down beside him, smirking as her mouth popped open in a small 'o'. She tumbled down, landing ungracefully thanks to the water slowing her fall, her face only centimeters from his. He wrapped her arms around her like a vice. "Maybe you're the one who should remember who you're speaking to." He whispered in a low voice, making sure nobody heard him. "I am a prince, after all."

Kia glared at him, then kneed him in the crotch. Alistair groaned, letting her go immediately. He could've sworn he saw baby fishes instead of stars floating around his head. The former street thief hopped to her feet, bouncing on the balls of her heels as if nothing had ever happened. "Well? Get a move on," like his earlier, her voice was quiet, "prince."

Alistair stumbled to his feet, pain coursing through his entire body. Gods, that place wasn't meant to be kicked. Kia snorted, crossing her arms impatiently. "You could always leave without me, you know."

Kia rolled her eyes. "And risk you getting lost and Terris getting mad at me? I think not."

Alistair pouted. "I'm sure Celeste takes far longer to prepare."

Kia snickered. "Come on, idiot. Are you coming or not?"

Kia did end up dragging him to the dining hall, although thankfully not by his feet. Terris had already arrived, and looked irritated. Celeste was late as usual, Alistair presumed. Kia waved, abandoning Alistair to swim over. "Hey Terris! Sorry we got held back, some dumbass didn't quite respond to his wake up call." She sighed dramatically. "I had to kick him to get him to wake up."