TEA IS SPILLED

TERRIS AND CECIL WATCHED THE PRINCE AND THE THIEF DISAPPEAR

Terris held back a laugh as they trotted down the stairs with haste. His Majesty requests our presence, they said. It was probably just an excuse for them to go necking in a closet. Terris wasn't stupid. She'd seen all the secret looks they'd sent each other while they thought nobody else was looking, all the flirting and giggling and whispering, especially when they looked at each other like they were the only ones there. She was a scholar, after all. Curiosity and knowing things was in her blood.

Please don't give Alice any more ideas.

Terris jumped a little. Where- oh, right. Ironfang was still in her mind.

News flash: my name isn't actually Ironfang. And Starfire isn't really called Starfire either.

The ravenette blinked. That was a bit of a bombshell. "Then what is your name?" She rummaged through her pockets. "Hold that thought." She yanked out a scroll- they were a series of notes she'd written on Salvador Helix's short book on dragons. It didn't have much information, but what she knew would probably be useful. She skim-read to a certain section, then stopped. Could it be? "Let me guess. You have human forms, as well as human names."

"Gosh, why did Alistair never let me meet you?" Cecil piped in, grinning from ear to ear. "I've been dropping hints about this for years, but the dumbo still doesn't get it. Typical- he's probably jealous and annoyed that you're a lot smarter than he is."

This was overwhelming. "You're a dragon too?" She whispered, awed and shocked. It felt like how it would feel to meet Salvador Helix- and outsmart him. "I- I thought you were just a regular guard and cliched best friend of the prince and stuff like that!" This was amazing. If only her father knew... he'd be so proud of her. Heck, she was proud of herself! She knew dragons! In both their human and dragon form! This was- she was out of words to describe the feeling. A scholar, speechless? What a day.

Oh, I wish.

Terris whirled around, searching for the owner of the new voice. It was feminine, higher pitched than the usual gravelly voice that she was familiar to. No way.

Hello to you too, Terris. It's been a long time since Ga- Ironfang and I could speak to a human.

Yes way, apparently. She glanced at the pair of dragons again. If Adara called Ironfang by his dragon name, he probably didn't trust Terris yet.  "I never read anything about fire dragons being psychic." She grumbled, a little put-down. "Hi, Starfire. Or whatever your name is. I don't even know what to call you anymore."

Adara isn't a psychic. I'm projecting her voice into your mind. Ironfang said, sounding a little grumpy. And yes, Starfire isn't her real name, but it was an excellent choice of name. Her name-