A FATHER'S LOVE

I'VE NEVER HAD SO MANY QUESTIONS IN MY LIFE

Dragons were real, and Alistair had one? That couldn't possibly be true. Ash had told me stories about them when we were both children and I couldn't sleep- mighty beasts with teeth, claws and wings, capable of both destruction and creation. They were more like nightmares, to be honest.  He told me that there were a few different types and each type had a special skill or power, and some could even screw with your mind! Ash claimed that they were myths, purely created to keep citizens from being too nosy about the world out there.  

It wouldn't surprise me if it were true. But it wasn't. Dragons were real.

How in Lukar did Prince Alistair even find me? The fact that he managed to track me down was scarier than the fact that dragons were real.  Sure, I had a big reputation among thieves, but I didn't expect to have one among royalty.  Besides, I was good at running and hiding in places people wouldn't expect me to hide in.  Usually, I hid right in front of their noses, and they had no clue.  Was I really that infamous that a prince would have to find me to help him with something? I didn't know whether to believe the answer he gave me.  It was too vague.

The massive wooden door creaked as Alistair gave it a mighty shove. It swung open, and he grinned at me. Why were his eyes so green? That was another question I had. Green eyes like that weren't exactly normal. I'd seen green eyes before, but they weren't as green, or as enchanting. I froze. Enchanting? His eyes were scary, not enchanting. The prince struck a match, lighting a lamp before dropping the match on the floor and subtly stamping the fire out, kicking it aside. He bowed, ushering me in with a stupid grin on his face.  "Welcome to my humble abode, princess."

The massive wooden door creaked as Alistair gave it a mighty shove, leaning all his weight against it.  It swung open, and he grinned at me.  Why were his eyes so green? That was a rather strange question, but still.  Green eyes like that weren't exactly normal.  Green eyes were pretty rare around here- even those who did have green eyes didn't have eyes as green as his, or as enchanting.  I froze.  Enchanting? His eyes were scarily green, not enchanting.  The prince struck a match, lighting a nearby lamp before dropping the match on the floor and subtly stamping the fire out.  He kicked it aside.

He bowed, ushering me in with a silly grin on his face.  "Welcome to my humble abode, "

I smacked Alistair's shoulder, barely putting any strength into it. Hitting him was harder than I'd thought. Ash and I were around the same height, and that made it easy for us to whack each other for fun. The prince, on the other hand, was a bit too tall for playful smacking. "'Humble abode' my ass, you live in a freaking palace." He snorted, rubbing his shoulder. I might have hit him a bit too hard. He tried responding, but I beat him to it. "Oh yeah! Did you forget what I said about you calling me princess? I know some guys do it because they think it's charming or whatever, but stop. You're not my Prince Charming." Not that he was already charming or whatever, of course.