ONE MONTH LATER

THEY SAY TIME PASSES QUICKLY WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN

For Terris, time also passed pretty quickly when she was riding on a fire dragon with super speed, as practice to dive-bomb an impenetrable fortress.  Sounds exciting, I know.  

It had been a month since the 'Shadow Queen', or Kia Drake, as Terris knew her better as, arrived at the palace of Lukar, and since Terris herself had become an official scholar of Lukar, and was inducted to become a 'rider'- a selected group of people who flew on dragons and went on secret missions for his Majesty King Felix. It had also been a month since she'd had the 'privilege' of meeting the crown prince again. He was an idiot. Frankly, she preferred his pink and pampered cousin, but nobody would ever know.

A lot had happened in that month, and a lot had changed as well. Instead of staying in the library and tirelessly searching through scrolls and creating designs for mechanical objects that she would probably never use out of pure boredom, Terris now barely spent time in the library, instead ending her day collapsed on her small bed, exhausted from the activity of the day. She had never sweated so much in her entire life! The only times she did go back home was to return to her lab in order to test out new metals and weaponry she made with it. It was highly frowned upon by her fellow scholars, but she didn't care. Their opinions didn't matter to her. The odd state-changing metal she'd created with Adara's help turned out to be lethal to dragons, but Terris had no idea why it just loved following her around. Sometimes, she'd leave the lid off the jar, and she'd find a blob of substance floating in mid-air behind her. She decided to keep it around as a sort of pet, a companion that was attempting to imitate her own behavior.

One thing she'd kept the same was her pocket-dress. She loved it too much to let it go- ugly as it was, it served its function well, and offered her places to put her things when she couldn't bring her small bag around. Alistair often mocked that with everything she kept in her dress, she would be too heavy to ride on Starfire's slim figure. He changed his mind when she and Starfire beat the crap out of him and Ironfang in a mid-air mock battle. She'd almost forgotten: Starfire wasn't 'Starfire', and Ironfang wasn't 'Ironfang' either, they were respectively Queen Adara of Flarenn and the prince of Silverra, both royals of dragon kingdoms.

Terris normally wasn't too bothered with fight training and sparring in the sun, instead preferring to stay in the shade and learn about techniques. But since she found out that her idol since childhood Salvador Helix was her own father, she'd been inspired to try harder, hoping to one day continue her father's journeys and be able to defend herself on the way.

Fighting against Alistair and Kia were massively different. Alistair's sparring was incredibly well mannered and disciplined, without dirty tricks. Somehow, he managed to keep a perfect posture and good stances throughout. Kia, on the other hand, often brought out her aces from the streets. Unlike Alistair, who was usually quite predictable, Kia was fluid and ever-changing, adapting to her opponent's fighting style. She also was full of surprises: she often came up with the strangest and most peculiar ways to win a fight. Alistair often complained that she was cheating, but she'd rebuff him by saying that she was 'taking advantage of the situation'.