Chapter 69: Mr. Hottie Needs Saving!

Start from the beginning

Well doesn't he seem like he'll be a fair and kind King?

"You all witnessed the death of your beloved Queen Otohime. Even if you trust humans and welcome them with smiles all that awaits you is betrayal! The Neptune Family lured you down a path that lead you to death. Open your eyes!"

Shirahoshi began tearing up again, shaking her head to prove otherwise.

"Behold!" The image zoomed out to show the King chained up. "Here is your 'Great Knight'. He's a decrepit old man!"

"Father!" The Princess gasped.

"It was sort of our fault the king was captured." Nami muttered, then glanced at me. "Well, it was mostly Zoro and Katsu's fault."

"What did you people do?!" Jimbei demanded, looking from Nami to me.

I scowled at the Fishman and shrugged. "No regrets here. They picked a fight they couldn't handle."

"Time to say farewell to the old kingdom of Ryugu! Three hours from now in the Conchorde plaza I will execute this incompetent King!"

He's too cocky. Three hours are left, which can be plenty of time to stop him with the right people.

"... and lastly. The Straw Hat pirates."

I paused, my eyes narrowing on the snail.

"Look here." The image was replaced bu a stuffed cage. Brook, Zoro, and Usopp were crammed in the cage. "I know you're watching this monitor from somewhere! These are the humans who thwarted the ambitions of the Arlong pirates, and stirred the rage of the fishmen!"

I frowned, my hand clenching into a fist. "Mr. Hottie let himself be captured?" Though it's likely the fishmen used their ability to breath under water against them.

"They got captured?!" Luffy cried out in shock.

"By the time the King had been executed this room will have filled with water! You humans are an inferior race fit to be drowned like rats!"

"I'm gonna suffocate him." I muttered, not catching the eyes of my crew. "Slowly. Give him the feeling of drowning like a cockroach. Then Luffy'll squash him."

"Straw Hat Luffy with the 400 million bounty!" Hody held up Luffy's bounty. "I will take your heads and make an example of you to the humans on the surface!"

Soon after the threat the video cut off. I paused, blinking before looking at Luffy.

"Ah, when did your bounty go up?" I asked, Luffy responding by grinning and seeming to sparkle in happiness.

"I don't know! But my bounty's 400 now!" Nami was quick to respond by hitting Luffy and yelling at him to calm down and think rationally. Apparently now wasn't the time.

"You became instantly famous after the way." Jimbei answered, "But once a bounty passes 300 million, it usually doesn't go up from there."

Jimbei did have a point there, Mamoru had mentioned the same thing before to me having always been impressed with the pirates whose bounties went well above 300 million. However, with how bad Luffy tends to piss off the government, I have a feeling it will continue to increase.

While my Captain suddenly turned angry I frowned in thought. Clearly I wanted to save my crew. However, I also wanted to beat down that Decken asshole.

If I stay I'll likely run into him, which would fill one goal, but I would leave behind my crew.

Which leads to a better question.

Who would I lay my life on the line for.

The pedophile didn't seem like much of a challenge. Where as to get to my crew I'll definitely risk drowning.

Is it weird how clear the answer is for me?

"Shark!" Luffy ordered, "Take me to Ryugu castle!" Then he turned to Sanji, give him a high five him. "Sanji! Take care of wimpy here!"

"I'll go with you, Luffy." I stepped forward, seeing Luffy nod at me.

"Wait!" Jimbei glared at Luffy and I. "I can't allow you and your band to fight Hody!"

My eyes narrowed into a glare towards the former warlord. "Allow? You can't give any permission on what we do or don't do." I took a step further, "I only listen to my Captain, firstly, who does not take orders from you." Instinctively I pulled out my closed fan and held it out in Jimbei's face. "Secondly. I already told you you're on thin ice with me. Step in the way of my crew's safety, and I won't hesitate."

"I don't remember Katsu being so scary." Chopper whispered.

Jimbei stared me down, "Listen. Many Fishmen still harbor resentment towards mankind. You would not help the situation. Let me handle this!"

Before I could say another word, Luffy stepped up beside me. His hand held his hat placing it on his head as he glared at Jimbei. "Jimbei! Hody's got my crew! If I don't get him my friends and everyone else will be in danger!" He said, "We're going! If you want to stop us go ahead and try."

The fishman sighed, "I fought alongside you so I misjudged you, Luffy." He cracked his knuckles. "You're his little brother all right. But if you won't stay put, you leave me no choice."

My lips pulled into a deep frown and my fingers snapped my fan open. Instinctively, the win around us picked up slightly. Enough to alert me of any other movement.

I had warned him earlier. Now I can only back up my Captain then help save our crew.

..............................................

End of Chapter 69!

You can probably already see that there will be most likely a mini fight with Katsu and Jimbei. Though Luffy will get into most of it...

Any thoughts? I love reading your guys comments!

This is not edited.