) chapter 29. (

) chapter 29. (

It was true madness

It was true madness. The sky was grey because of the smoke. The dragons of the Targaryens had burned down buildings and people to defeat the enemy, sometimes even their own by mistake. They did all that Daenerys Targaryen asked them to do, but she was nothing more but a loudspeaker for Viserys.

In the other camp there were the Starks and Tommen. The worn down King was looking through a spyglass. Princess Daenerys was wearing black in memory of her husband, but Viserys did not pay attention to that little bit of honour for his highest general. Truly disrespectful, yet something they could use in the end. 

His spyglass continues to roam the army opposite his, but he couldn't find a head of long, silver blonde hair. Maybe she was hidden away in Sunspear, which was now about to be seized by his army. The Starks would have the North all to themselves again, just as he will with his wife and child.

Two catapults throw giant rocks against the wall, crushing the archers standing on it. Tommen notices that Viserys leans in to Daenerys' ear. She yells. "Dracarys!" The three dragons rise from behind the wall, flying in unison towards them. The King of the Seven Kingdoms gives his men at the giant crossbows a sign. These arrows were long, heavy and big. They should be able to kill the dragons.

The dragons send fire at his men, burning them and cooking them inside their armor. He hears the agonizing screams and winces. His men are dying, but they would fight back. Fight fire with fire. The first arrows were send and one of them hits the smallest dragon right where the heart is supposed to be.

The wall around Sunspear falls down and takes a few of the Dornish knights and Unsullied down with it. Tommen puts his spyglass away and looks at Jon Snow and The Hound, both leaders of a separate part of his army. "Prepare your troops for entering the castle. Try to keep the innocent untouched and search for where they might be hiding my wife." Jon nods at the young King. He has seen the young man age from insecure yet determined to find his wife, to this cold and harsh man who will not stop before he has his family back.

He turns his horse around and faces his men. "Prepare to seize the castle! Don't touch the women, children or innocents. That's an order," he yells. His men respond with a gruff sound and nod their heads. The Hound and the King in the North send their horses towards the wall, their weapons raised as the cavalery follows them.

Inside Sunspear, Laeherys was hiding in the shelter with the other women. They could all hear the screams and the men dying outside. The sickly Queen was laying on a couch with a handmaiden refreshing the cold cloth on her head every five minutes. She was burning up and they believe it has to do with her recent development.

She was pregnant.. with Prince Viserys. But this pregnancy was taking a toll on the Queen and the Maesters and handmaidens fear she won't complete full term.. if she even has this child at all. Another handmaiden sits on a bench closeby, holding the prince in her hands while watching Rhaego and the Queen's first, still unnamed, son. Other women try to distract themselves with reading, sewing, gossiping or praying to the gods they believe in.

With them was also Princess Myrcella, Tommen's sister. She was sent here long ago to marry Prince Trystane. Jaime Lannister had gone after her to get her back, but was captured by the Dornish. Now Myrcella was married into the Martell House and carrying an heir to it's throne. That heir was needed, as Doran Martell, the current Prince of Dorne, was dying and Trystane would become the next Prince of Dorne.

The child that Myrcella is having will be the next in line to the Dornish throne. Trystane was now at the battle field, fighting against Myrcella's brother with the possibility of either of them being killed. The handmaiden by the Queen's side sighs as she refreshes the cloth on the woman's forehead. Her temperature was rising and she is very sick.

Outside the war continued raging on and the women heard it when the wall was taken down, when the men were boiling in their armor and when one of the dragons was killed. There were loud knocks on the door and the women hug each other tightly, fearing the end of their lives.

The door was pushed open when Laeherys clutches at her stomach in pain. Everyone looks in fear when they see Daenerys and Viserys entering. The Dragon prince looks at his wife in concern, especially when he notices how bad she looked. "My Lord, what's happening? Have we.. lost," Myrcella questions. She squeezes Laeherys' hand, her eyes widened with fear.

"No, we have not. Did you think the last Dragons would lose, lion cub," Viserys snarls. He pushes her from his wife's side and takes her place, even though he could have sat on her other side. "How are you, my love?" The princess sighs, but pulls her hand away from him weakly. Then, she screams in pain and clutches her lower stomach Her gown begins to stain with red and panic fills her eyes and that of the maidens. "What is going on? What is happening to our child," he screams with a shrill voice to the maid.

She gulps and looks at her weakened queen. The red spot was spreading between her legs. "M-My prince, I-I fear for the wellbeing of her child. She might have.." Her voice lowers in fear for her Lord's wrath,".. miscarried."

Viserys turns his cold indigo eyes to the woman. "And you let my child die? What good are you, you wench!" He stands up, towering over the scared woman, and smacks her hard and backhanded across the face. "You vermin! Guards, seize her and put her on trial for murder on the prince or princess!"

Before the weak Laeherys could protest she was already taken away. "Viserys, how could y-" He shushes her by pressing his pale lips on hers. They were soft, but not satisfactory to the girl. If only she could see her Tommen back. To present him his son and decide on a name for him. To go back and be grateful of having someone as sweet as Tommen for a husband, even though he forced her into marriage as well.

Her brother brushes her silver hair from her sticky forehead. "I am so sorry, my love. It is her fault that our child has departed from this world before he could even enter it. But there will be plenty of opportunity for us to try again when the rats outside are.. extermined." Tears fall from her purple eyes as she stares at her brother. The brother she so adored from his letters, but now revealed to be an ugly monster.

"It is not her fault, brother. It's all yours. I wish for you, the last male Targaryen, to perish so I can finally be at peace with my true husband. This marriage was cursed from the beginning when you tore me and Tommen apart." Viserys was boiling with anger. He wanted to yell at her, curse her and slap her, but all turns blank when she turns around on the bed and her back faces him.

He leans forward and hisses in her ear. "Then I shall wish for that child that you call your husband to be burned by Viserion, my namesake. Then I shall gift you his ashes and fuck you until you are once again with child. I shall dispose of that bastard child and you will never think of him ever again. Understood, sister?"

She did not respond and her brother left in anger, back to the battlefield. Her shoulders shook as she cries softly.

"Where are you now, Tommen?"

)(

1349 words.