) chapter 12. (

) chapter 12. (

FEW days later was Joffrey's burial, which happened privately

FEW days later was Joffrey's burial, which happened privately. It was only Queen-Mother Cersei, ser Jaime, Lord Tywin and prince Tommen. Lord Tyrion was still in the dungeons, awaiting his trial.

Laeherys has not seen Tommen since their fight at Joffrey's wedding, which was now called the Purple Wedding because of the colour of the wine and the colour Joffrey's face turned after having the poison. Not that it bothered her, as she still disliked the way he laughed about life and death.

But now, she feels kind of guilty for the last line she mentally gave him. 'Maybe he should experience extreme loss first'. Has she jinxed it? Was it her fault? Also, it was not as if Tommen had come to her to say sorry for his behaviour, but maybe that was caused by his grief for Joffrey and the heavy burden of now being the King, after the crowning of just yesterday.

"Is something on your mind, darling," the soft voice of Lady Tyrell asks her. Laeherys looks up and shakes her head gently. "There is nothing, my lady." Lady Alerie smiles at her, knowing that she did not spoke the truth. 

The two of them had locked arms as they walk through the corridors of the Red Keep to meet in the city with Oberyn Martell and his wife, Ellaria Sand.. in one of Baelish's brothels. Lady Tyrell had ordered Laeherys to cover herself up completely, showing no cleavage or hips. She wanted to protect the Targaryen from the men that would visit the brothel and this was one of the only ways she knew.

Lady Tyrell pulls the hoods of their cloaks over their heads as they walk out without a guard. "I know it is none of my business, little dragoness, but ever since the wedding of Joffrey I haven't seen you with prince, I'm sorry, King Tommen, nor have I heard of it," she says as they walk through the dirty, poor streets of King's Landing.

Laeherys shrugs slightly. "During the wedding we fought. I found the mock play of the War very distasteful while he laughed," she explains. Lady Tyrell nods. "I understand where you're coming from. I disliked that poor attempt of entertainment as well, especially about Margaery's deceased husband. But my thoughts? I think Tommen doesn't know any better. Imagine having only Lord Tywin, Lady Cersei and Joffrey to look up to," Alerie replies, rolling her eyes.

It does make the Targaryen think of it, but still.. Tommen was wrong and he hadn't apologised. The two of them silently agree to ignore the subject as they walk into the brothel where Oberyn Martell agreed to visit them.

An almost-bare woman waits for them at the entrance, smiling gracefully at them. "Ladies, would you please follow me to the Red Viper? He has awaited your presence." The two women follow the lady up the marble stairs and through two high doors to a large, beautiful room in brown, red and gold.