) chapter 22. (

) chapter 22. (

SHE hasn't seen anything since Olyvar threw that dark cloth, apparently a sack, over her head and secured her wrists and ankles. All she got was smells, feeling and hearing.

She feels the breathing of an animal beneath her, so she was certain she was laying on a horse. She feels his presence closeby, so she probably lays before him, just before the saddle.

Laeherys never felt more like a damsel in distress than then: bound with leather, laying under his supervision, no way to escape. Would anyone save her? Her husband, Prince Oberyn, or, dare she dream it, her brother and sister?

Days had passed, that much she knew. Every night he would stop in the middle of the forrest, where no one would hear her scream or yell. Olyvar would make fire and give her something to eat and drink. Then, when dawn was beginning to come, he would blind her again and put her back on the horse.

After maybe the fifth day of laying on the horse's back, she suddenly hears him curse. The horse neighs and suddenly, she flies through the air. Her body falls hard to the ground, but she could not see what the horse had done to throw her off, or why.

Laeherys hears the sound of drawing a sword, the slamming of metal against metal. She gasps when someone rips the sack of her head. It was Sarella. "You are fine, princess," she asks.

She nods slowly and looks over the shoulder of the Dornish girl. They are in an open field, the horse was held by a smaller girl with thick, brown locks and chocolate brown eyes. She looks much like Sarella, the others girls as well. Only the other girls are fighting Olyvar.

"What's happening," Laeherys asks, her voice gravely from having nothing to drink for the whole day. "You are going to Sunspear with us, orders from our father," Sarella tells her.

"Who are those girls," the Targaryen asks as she couldn't keep her eyes off the fight scene. One of the girls has two blades and she attacks on Olyvar's front. The other one tries to snap his sword hand with her whip, so he would let go and be an easy finish-off.

"The Sand Snakes, bastard daughters of Prince Oberyn Martell. But there is no time for talking, princess, come on," the girl says as she cuts the rope that binds her legs and arms together and helps her up. Laeherys stumbles from not having used her legs for quite some time, but can lean heavily on the girl.

Sarella pulls her out of harm's way and helps her onto their fast, slender horses when Laeherys sees one of the Sand Snakes sneak up on the back of Olyvar. She screams when the girl puts her spear through the back of his head, the sharp metal coming out through his mouth. Sarella rubs her back, trying to soothe her. 

"Everything is alright now, princess. He will never hurt you again." "But did he deserve to die," Laeherys asks as sobs cut through her words. Sarella sighs. This girl really is naive. "Yes, he did. He betrayed his one true King by taking you, his little sister."

The other Sand Snakes clean their weapons from the blood and hop on their horses. The girl with the spear sits right behind Laeherys, her blooded hands grasping for the reins underneath her arms.

"We ride for Sunspear, we might arrive in a few days," the girl says. The others nod and their horses go.

)(