) chapter 24. (

) chapter 24. (

THE sun rains down on the open field, the grass a fresh green. Nature didn't seem to notice the coming threat on the land. Not only the Whitewalkers in the North, but the two marching Kings in the South.

The War of Lions and Dragons, it was already called. With on one side, the prince Viserys of House Targaryen, claiming the right to his throne and his sister. The other side was the current King, Tommen, the husband of the Targaryen girl. 

It was at this field where the two mighty men met. Their fierce horses ride closer from each side. Prince Viserys was dressed in the Targaryen colours black and red, with Ser Jorah and Khal Drogo at his sides. 

Tommen was dressed in red and gold, the colours of the Lannisters, as he was accompanied by the Mountain and his mother Cersei. The girl the two men are both fighting for was nowhere to be seen.

The horses ride closer to each other and they seemed to notice that they were from different sides, as they make agressive noises towards each other. Tommen was a head smaller than Viserys, yet he sits proudly on his horse as if he was two mountains high.

"Viserys," he says coldly. The Targaryen Prince says nothing and just looks him up and down. He then turns to Jorah and begins laughing. "I can't believe that my little sister had settled down for that and refuses when someone gives her much better. Her resistance won't be for long though, she will see that brothers are always the better male. Your mother will agree on that," he says in a taunting voice, glancing at Tommen all the time.

Tommen has to resist the urge to punch the man when he talks that way about him, his mother and, even worse, his wife and Queen. "If you think you can hurt me, Viserys, you have to work much harder. After all, it will be you who will end up on a pyre and not me."

"Brave words for such a little boy. I have the Martells, the Dothraki, the Unsullied.. hell, we have dragons. What do you think could possibly defeat us," Viserys scoffs. He was too proud for his own good, and Tommen notices it.

"We have one of the strongest armies in whole of Westeros. You will notice once we fight and I promise you, that will be very soon. I want my wife back and I want her fast," Tommen threatens. He nods at his mother and the horses turn around.

Viserys chuckles loudly and yells after the leaving Lannisters. "I guess your uncle and sister will feel the end of it, then. Before the war is over, they'll both be dead," Viserys promises. They take off as well in the direction of Dorne.

Tommen freezes on his horse. He turns to look at his mother. "He won't seriously harm them, would he," he asks, feeling fear in his heart for his uncle Jaime and sister Myrcella. Cersei tightens her grip on the reins and sighs.

"He is serious, Tommen. This war is not a little game, it's life and death. Blood and gore. You will need to grow up and fight for that little wife of yours, because it will be a hard battle. But in the ashes of the battle you will raise again, your wife and heir at your side, the people beneath you crumbling with fear under your power." Cersei tells him.

"What if I don't want them to fear me," Tommen asks. It was true, power was what he needed but he didn't want people to fear whatever he would do with it. Especially not Laeherys and their child.

"Then you better slit your throat yourself, or Viserys or some other wild person will. You shall play the Game of Thrones, of you will never see your wife again," His mother tells him before riding away towards their camp. The Boy King glances over his shoulder.

He should be heading that way. He should be riding towards Sunspear with his sword in his hand, leading his army to invasion of Dorne. He should be saving his wife and unborn child. But did he really have the power to?

The Martells are powerful, the Dothraki fierce, the Unsullied fearless, the Targaryens stronger than ever. They could even have the North behind them, if Viserys promised to give them the North when he would be King.

Tommen's green eyes light up with an idea, one so reckless but his last hope. He had to invite the last Starks to his camp and give them exactly what they want in exchange for his needs. The North against his wife. 

He rides back to the camp, the idea still burning in his mind. He has to share it with his mother!

)(

LAEHERYS was silently looking out of the window, leaning her head against the window pane

LAEHERYS was silently looking out of the window, leaning her head against the window pane. Everything was so peaceful here, which was quite opposite from the Red Keep, which was always busy and filled with moving people. Here everything seems to go much calmer and with more time.

She has difficulty with getting used to this climate and it greatly affected her again, leaving her bedridden by the Maesters. Not that Viserys wanted her to do much else anyway, he was gone most of the time.

As if the sight of her mixed hair disgusted him. Yet the black locks still give her a sense of hope. As long as she had the black colour, he wouldn't marry her. She was almost thinking of smuggling some dye inside Sunspear, but she knows that once she dyes her hair black again, her punishment would be severe.

Lae didn't think she could bear another beating. And it isn't like it would stop Viserys either, as he had his lustful thoughts taken care of by her anyway. Obviously he couldn't wait until after marriage for that, but it was not like she expected him to.

With a sigh she places her hand on her softly growing belly, soothing the child growing within her. The Maester had told her she was carrying a child just a few days ago. A child of her and Tommen. Of course the Maester was obliged to tell her brother, who went furious.

She wouldn't be surprised if he would order the murder of her child once it's been born. Oh Tommen, please save her. Lae had been stupid and trusting in the hope that her brother would be more caring of her.

But no.. he's a monster. And now, she was in the middle of a war between two Kings. Soon they will start battling, a war that would end in bloodshed no matter what she would do.

)(

1123 words.