) chapter 10. (

) chapter 10. (

AFTER the official ceremony in the Sept of Baelor, a building made by one of Laeherys' ancestors, everyone moved outside for the festivities

AFTER the official ceremony in the Sept of Baelor, a building made by one of Laeherys' ancestors, everyone moved outside for the festivities. Tommen holds his arm out for her with that always-there smile of his. With a small giggle from her she wraps her hand into the crook by his elbow, her fingers curling into the red and golden fabric of his overcoat.

Tommen takes her over the path made of red power and shows her the firebreathers, the 'giants' (basically men walking on sticks or other men) and the 'snake people', men and women with super flexible bodies.

Then the pair of them sits at the table on the left side of the King. Her seat was between Tommen's and the one of the Imp with his wife, Sansa Stark. Lord Tyrion had not yet returned from his check on the security and his empty chair leaves uncomfortable space between Laeherys and Lady Sansa.

"Lady Sansa, it's an honour to meet you," Laeherys says, trying to make some conversation with the only girl within her reach that she could sort of talk to.

"Who are you, my Lady. Forgive me, but I can not recall a bethroted of prince Tommen." Laeherys' cheeks redden and she looks at her entwined hands in her lap. "I am not a betroted of the prince, my lady. In fact, I'm no lady myself."

The corner of Sansa's lips lifts up in amusement. "Then how were you able to land yourself a place on a table with Lannisters?" Laeherys did not even know how to explain her relationship to Tommen. Were they friends? Were they more than that? She knows that, even though she may want to, it can never be more. But if that is true, how was she here?

"Laella is my personal guest, Lady Sansa," Tommen, who had apparently listened to their conversation, explains. Sansa nods and wanted to speak, but their conversation was cut short when a figure appears from the other side of the pavilion. It was Lady Olenna.

"You look exquisite, child," the elder woman says as she begins to talk to Sansa, "I haven't had the opportunity to tell you how sorry I was to hear about your brother. War is war, but killing at a wedding.. horrid." The Thorned Rose strokes Sansa's cheek. "What sort of monster would do such a thing? As if men need more reasons to fear marriage."

At that moment Lord Tyrion finally shows up, taking place between Laeherys and Sansa. "Lord Tyrion, you see, not as bad as all that. Perhaps if your pauper husband were to sell his mule and his last pair of shoes, he might be able to afford to bring you to Highgarden for a visit now that peace has come and all is right with the world. It would do you good to see some of it. You must excuse me, it's time I ate some of this food I paid for."

Lady Olenna was on her way to leave when she sees Laella seated next to prince Tommen. "And you, Laella. Beauty herself, sculptured by the Maiden, aren't you child?" Laeherys did want to react to it, but the lady was her for. "My son's wife would like to see you after the wedding. She said she needed to speak with you and introduce you to someone. Perhaps she is looking for suitors for you-"

This made Tommen tighten his hand around his golden goblet and his eyes narrow. Obviously Lady Olenna noticed and she winked at Laella. "How old are you even, child?" "Fifteen, my lady," Laella replies, her fingers now moving to play with her dress.

"And have you bled yet," Lady Olenna continues. Laeherys blushes furiously at the lady's questions, especially as she was sitting between a married man and the man who took her to this feast who wants more than just friendship. "Y-yes, my lady." "At what age did it begin," she asks, further embarrasing her. Laeherys stutters her answer, holding her gaze down. "Twelve, my lady."

"Ha, an early flower I see. Many men desire that, did you know? They believe you are.. more able when you begin young. Nonsense, in my opinion, but men were never the most intelligent. The only thing they know how to do is how to shed blood as brutally as possible. Now if you would excuse me as well.. I shall see you soon," the woman says.

The Lady of Thorns left and Laeherys let out a breath that she didn't even realise she was holding. Both the prince and Lady Sansa look tense or embarrased. At that moment Lord Tyrion thought it would be best to sip of his wine, muttering: "Well that was embarrasing on a whole new level."

The man with the flute, right before their tables, was cut of playing 'Rains of Castamere' due to Joffrey throwing golden coins at their head. Then, the 'King' annoyingly ticked with his knife against his goblet and stands up.

"Everyone, the Queen would like to say a few words." With that he sits down and Lady, now Queen Margaery, stands up under a polite applause.

"We are so fortunate to enjoy this marvelous food and drink. Not all among us are so lucky. To thank the Gods for bringing the recent war to a just end, King Joffrey has decreed that the leftovers from our feast be given to the poorest in his city." Everyone applauses again and soon after Joffrey orders for the 'War of the Five Kings' to begin.

It was a play with a few dwarfs, each representing a king. Robb Stark, brother of Sansa, Joffrey Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Renly Baratheon and Balon Greyjoy. They all charge at each other and Tommen begins to sniffle with laughter while Sansa stares in horror. Laeherys looks with narrowed eyes at Tommen, who looks back in confusion.

"What's wrong Laella?" He whispers back, completely oblivious to any wrongdoing. She hisses back with the fire of her family's dragons setting her veins ablast. "What do you mean 'what's wrong'? This is disgusting and distasteful and you're laughing as if it's a joke." And what she totally couldn't handle were the loud snickers of Joffrey. Laeherys stands up from her seat while Tommen tries to grab her wrist. "Where are you going," he asks, worry evident in his trembling voice. The Targaryen narrows her eyes at him. "I'm getting out of here."

She wriggles behind Tyrion's and Sansa's seats and walks off. During her walk she glares at Jaime Lannister, who watches her leave. She did not want to see Tommen anytime soon if he can joke about life and death that way. Maybe he should experience extreme loss first!

As she storms off she doesn't notice a shadow following her. The moment she did notice, her arm was caught in his hand.

)(

1154 words.