) chapter 28. (

) chapter 28. (

Blood seeps down the silver of his armor. Dirt coats his golden locks and face as he struts through his camp. Soldiers greet him and one of his generals walks up to him.

"Lord Snow, Lord Tarly and Lady Arya are waiting for you in your tent, Your Grace," he says. "Thank you, ser Alyn. You are dismissed," Tommen replies coldly. "Are you sure you need no assistance of mine on your war council, Your Grace?" "If I needed you, you would have known ser Alyn. Now please go and do something useful to get my wife and child back," he retorts with a hint of irritation.

Tommen had grown much these months of war. He was now a man who had shed blood, people might say a 'true man'. But it also destroyed his kind and tender heart, building a wall of gold and ice around it. He had to, to seem strong.

He pushes the tent flap open to see the men and woman, just as tired as him. The same blood caked clothes, dirt covered faces and dead eyes. "Your Grace," Jon says, nodding his head. Samwell and Arya follow, though Arya was still quite stiff towards him. Not that Tommen minded: she was a good fighter, that's all he needs to know.

"How are we standing," Tommen asks as he walks towards the map of Westeros, which was zoomed in on Dorne, where they fought their war. Lord Snow begins by pointing at a small town which was labeled as FERRYMORE. "This was wiped off the map after the battle. That mad man burned it down to the ground after it was gone. He didn't want us to have anything." Tommen narrows his eyes on Ferrymore, which was no longer there.

"Very sad.. how many fallen?" "More than three hundred innocents. It was a very short battle, no more than fifty of ours and hundred of them." "Whatever land is ours and not theirs is a win," the King says. He nods at Arya, another general of his army. She led a group of Northeners and men from one of the Lannister's banner houses.

"The battle at Summerthorne was quite a victory. Two hundred and thirty of ours died, but it was a real blow to the Targaryens. We are closer to Sunspear and I killed one of his highest generals," Arya says. Tommen raises an eyebrow at her. Highest generals, that's a big blow. Especially as they had murdered his fiercest fighter, Gregor Clegane.

"Who was it," he asks. "That horselord, Khal Drogo. Cut his throat. I was advised to cut of his hair to lower the morale of the Dothraki. It worked," Arya says, her face stone cold. The King of Westeros was surprised. Arya killed the Dothraki lord? That's absolutely incredible.

"Very well, Lady Arya. I am impressed. We are close to the endbattle, when I will finally have my wife back. It's been too long," he says. He looks at Lord Tarly. "What do your spies say about Sunspear," Tommen asks. The man shakes his head. "Not much going on. Your uncle, sister, wife and child are alive and well. There are rumors though..," Samwell dwells off, making the young King anxious.

"What kind of rumors," Jon asks. Lord Tarly seems uncomfortable in telling it, but he takes a deep breath and sucks it up. "That your wife is sick. Some claim that she.. she's pregnant again. With him."

A seething rage fills the whole of Tommen's body. There was so much madness in his eyes that he had true resemblance to Aerys II, his wife's father. His voice was raw and hard when he says his next command.

"Prepare the troops, we are marching straight to Sunspear through Summerthorne. I will get my wife back and I will meet my child," Tommen snarls. The three from the North nod and leave the tent, sending orders to pack everything they have and get moving as fast as possible.

Tommen walks back to his tent, where a servant was starting to pack. He was holding a small box in his hands and the King signs him to open it. He was soon holding and staring his most prized possession at this moment. It was a very small painting someone made of his wife. She was smiling, her face looking so bright. She was the definition of perfection in his eyes.

He closes his eyes and recalls his dreams. She would lay in his bed, by his side. Her full lips kissing him awake in the morning. His Queen would do his morning routine together with him: bathe, comb hair, dress, put his crown on and go. They would wash filth and sweat off each other, brush each other's hair and help fastening their clothes. In some dreams he would caress her swollen stomach. Their flock of children would run in to see them and they would all eat together.

The perfect dream, but soon.. it will be reality. That Tommen swears. After all: cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder.

Viserys will be doomed and Tommen will be sure to be the one to kill him. For everything he has done and will still do if he stays alive. For taking his life, his wife, from him and separating his child from him for almost a year.

He. Will. Pay.

)(

902 words.