) prologue part III. (

DRAGONSTONE was cold to Alerie, unlike the Red Keep or the Reach, where she grew up

DRAGONSTONE was cold to Alerie, unlike the Red Keep or the Reach, where she grew up. She had rather been in Highgarden at this moment, where her husband resides.

Three months ago Alerie had married Mace Tyrell, oldest son and heir of Luther Tyrell and his wife Olenna Redwyne, in the Red Keep. Rhaella had insisted that there was room in the Sept of Baelor for her marriage, and so it happened.

They had consumated their marriage, but even Mace Tyrell knew that his wife wouldn't leave Queen Rhaella behind, and so they parted ways.

And here Alerie was, in the Targaryen residence while a war was going on in Westeros and the storm outside was wild.

Waves crush against the stone cliff, some raising almost as high as the highest tower of the castle. The rain pours down, thunder and lightning  following each other up.

She places the young princess Laeherys in a crib, being watched at every single movement by prince Viserys.

"How is my sister, Lady Alerie," he asks, looking down to stare intensely at the babe that lays sleeping in the crib

He makes Alerie uncomfortable since lately. He was always around the child, staring at her at all times. He began to obsess over her and Alerie was afraid that he wanted what most Targaryen men did with their sisters.

A marriage.

It sends shivers down her spine to know this. But, she was also sure that Rhaella wouldn't allow him.

Alerie pushes Viserys out of his sister's nusery and tells him to go and play. Though grumpy, he did what she asked him to.

The Lady Tyrell runs a hand over her own small baby bump, still angry that Rhaella banned her from the birth chambers where she was now laying.