{Chapter Twenty-Seven}

*Mallory*

I groaned as the sunlight shone through the curtains on the windows, and turned away, expecting to meet with Razzle's warm side, but was surprised to just be met with a cold, empty bed space.

Weird... Did he wake up already? I didn't even hear him come in...

I remember last night talking with Sharise not long after he left, then heading back soon after to get some sleep.

I sat up stretching a bit, seeing the room just as he left it last night, but a strange feeling of dread hung in the air..

Something doesn't feel right...

I spotted his scarf not far from my pillow and held it close before deciding to go look for him.

I got up, looking for some clothes and settling with one of his shirts I grabbed from his suitcase and some shorts before walking out.

Some people slept in the hallway ground, obviously drunk and expecting a hell of a hangover once they wake up.

I walked over and past some of the sleeping and passed out bodies on the ground before making my day down the stairs, seeing all the empty bottles, cups, food scraps and empty plastic baggies littering the floor.

I then hear a commotion nearby and walk over, looking into the living room and seeing Tom, Mick who was soaking wet and had a towel draped over him for some reason and blood on his eyebrow, sitting next to a tear stricken Tommy, Nikki who looked ill and wore a baggy sweater, and Doc, everyone all together looking upset and shocked, Sharise at the table sobbing, along with Mike and Andy who looked as equally distressed.

"Hey...." I spoke up, and everyone looked at me, their faces immediately going pale, as if they saw a ghost.

"W-What's going on?" I asked, then realized Razzle and Vince wasn't there. "Where's Razz and Vince?"

Sharise broke into more sobs, Zutaut and Mick trying to comfort her as Nikki then stepped up.

"Mal, listen to to me, you need to sit down for a second," he said, but I stepped back, immediately knowing something wasn't right.

Why does he look more tired than the others?

"No, what's going on?" I said, stopping him. "Where's Razzle and Vince?"

"Look, something happened last night, Mal, something bad," He said in a serious but pained voice.

"What?! What happened?! Y-You're scaring me," I said as Doc and Michael walked up.

"Mallory, please, let us explain," Doc pleaded.

"What happened? Please!!" I begged, getting scared as Mike then gently placed his arms on my shoulders. His eyes were red, like he was crying.

"Mallie... Last night, uhh... Vince and Razzle, they went to get the drinks, the ones Vince was buying," he said.

I frowned as he continued.

"But Vinnie, he... He wasn't in any condition to drive, a-and on the way back he-he lost control of the car and collided with another," he forced out.

My eyes widen in horror as my heart sank and I stumbled a bit, him and Andy keeping me steady.

"O-Oh my god, are-are they okay?!" I asked as he held my hand and Doc held my other hand.

"The ones in the other car are in critical condition, Vince has some nasty bruises and scratches, broken ribs, but he's in recovery...." Doc said.

"A-And Razzle? I-Is he okay? He's not from here, but we can pay his medical bill, I-I can pay it, c-can I see him?! Is he alright?! Where is he?!" I insisted almost frantically.

Everyone stayed quiet as Doc looked down, Michael sniffling as he held back tears.

That's when I understood and I softly gasped, shaking my head as tears immediately pouring from my eyes, my heart sinking to my stomach. "N-No... No no no..... No....No NO!!"

"The car hit the passenger side and it was nearly split it in half...." Nikki said sadly, looking down.

"N-No, I-I just saw him!!" I whimpered as it was all falling into place as I looked at everyone's pained faces, my hands gripping my hair. "H-He... He was just here!! I-I barely even saw him hours ago!!!"

"I'm so sorry, Mallory.... He was already pronounced dead on arrival... His injuries were too much for him, they couldn't even revive him," Doc said hesitantly, as a loud sob came out if me and I covered my mouth.

My knees went weak and I collapsed to the ground on my knees, all three men catching me before I hit the ground.

I sobbed hysterically, shaking their arms away as I hugged myself and wailed as I stayed on the ground.

An arm suddenly wrapped around me and I didn't care who it was, I just clung to the person like a life line and cried hard.

*Nikki*

I knelt down and pulled Mal into my arms, where she just clung to me and cried into my chest.

She was obviously unaware it was me, but she still held on to me as I held her, letting her cry her entire soul out as everyone stood around, not saying anything and grieving.

I knew no matter what I did, I wouldn't even take a tranquilizer to calm this breakdown.

Mal was supposed to have the happy, safe, peaceful life she was supposed to have before she met me. She was supposed to live the life she deserved with Razzle, the life she really needed.

Now, he's gone, and she lost the chance of that life.

Even worse, her heart is way more broken than it even was after she caught me cheating in her.

This is the last thing Mal ever deserved...

~~~~~

Was going to hold off a little on this story so I can keep drafting some more, but this weekend Florida's getting hit by Hurricane Dorian and not sure how long I'll be without power after that, on top of that I'm possibly evacuating as well, so I want to update as much as I'm able to until the storm hits.

Follow me on Instagram @officialbloodsapph for more updates!

To all my Florida readers, be prepared and careful, listen to any and all warnings, and stay safe.

Much love to everyone. 🖤

🎹Currently in Sapph's playlist:

Alessia Cara
"Scars To Your Beautiful"

♡~ sapphire.